How to gain weight to reach 60kg

Does anyone have any advice to reach the minimum weight requirement of 60kg? I weight 57kg now and maybe 58/59 on a good day but I know I'll need to reach 60. I'm not worried about my bmi becoming too high after the weight gain it is 21 currently. But it is easier for me to lose weight than gain it. Of course, the simple way it to "eat more" which is what I have been trying to little success. Has anyone else had the same problem and have any advice. My RT is in January so I'm not short on time until the medical, but I feel as if my natural weight is at 55 or 56.

thanks

Oh. Now I am confused haha. I might have picked it up looking a ministry of defence guidance rather than one that was specific to the Navy. But I'm applying for the surface fleet anyway. :)

Thanks everyone

Oh. Now I am confused haha. I might have picked it up looking a ministry of defence guidance rather than one that was specific to the Navy. But I'm applying for the surface fleet anyway. :)

Thanks everyone
I had exactly the same problem. My BMI wasn't high enough to join so had to put on weight. They suggested to be about 63 because you're over the bench mark then. The best thing to do is eat something every 2 hours which I know is really hard. If you want I can message you with some ideas?

Sumo

War Hero
Can't say I have ever suffered that problem, Cornish pasties and clotted cream come to mind, aided by scrumpy was part of my down fall

Follow @Ninja_Stoker link, there are plenty of unqualified bods out there, waiting to give either duff or bad advice

Good luck

I realised I got a bit confused, for my role I only have to be at a healthy bmi not above 60kg. I think I was looking at different medical standards and another ministry of defence medicals. I should be ok with the weight issue my bmi is always 20 or 21 I'll just have to see when I go for the medical, it shouldn't be too far off I have my RT test next week. I'll post back if they say anything on the issue.

I realised I got a bit confused, for my role I only have to be at a healthy bmi not above 60kg. I think I was looking at different medical standards and another ministry of defence medicals. I should be ok with the weight issue my bmi is always 20 or 21 I'll just have to see when I go for the medical, it shouldn't be too far off I have my RT test next week. I'll post back if they say anything on the issue.
if you have a BMI of 20 and are struggling to make 60Kg are you vertically challenged?