How to build a Nuclear Submarine

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SJRM_RN, Jun 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the thread title I thought that was going to be one of those "How to..." DIY books :oops:

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Might explain the reluctance to allow women to sea as submariners then..........

4. That's septics AND bomber queens for you. Would never happen amongst us steely eye messengers of death :wink:

5. Is that septic or sceptic? or both?

6. You can include sceptic if you so wish :)

7. Isnt she being decommsioned this year?

8. The programme also shows how to build people too? That'll be worth watching then...

9. Nuclear powered people. " Commander litvinenko approaching sir"

10. I`m glad I drank G+T(£14:50 for 2)

11. She's in Guzz now joining all the other laid up boats, could call them SM5

12. Enjoyed this, had I been an 18yr old thruster it would have inspired me to get down the AFCO pronto. brushteeth

13. Good programme....it will inspire some to become the new Clean Submariners :wink:

14. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes, they didn't look like real submariners did they? I could hardly smell them.

15. I watched it bemused admiration for the technology employed,and although I spent 18 months at Dolphin I was in the MTB squadron so know nowt at all about submarines yet one question puzzled me:
    Is it now the practice to put the Captains name on his cabin even down to the OBE after his name?
    We just had the word Captain on his cabin door,admittedly in brass but is that the way things go nowadays?
    Does the Jimmy/Engineering Officer and the Navigating Officer have their names on the doors.
    Seems a bit of a one upmanship or is this the norm for all ships now?

16. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

A rabbit from the builders I should think.

17. While I was serving on boats I never got the opportunity to see how one was built.For me it was it was an interesting program as long as you overlooked the PR and PC bullcrap.