How times have changed

Discussion in 'History' started by johne, Jan 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been thinking how names have changed'
    War office to MOD...Fire Brigade to Fire and rescue service....Some say Armed services. Not armed forces. Personel to human resourses...Stores to logistics.
    Many more but anyone like to add ?

2. Opening hours?

3. Personnel to HR

Bin man -- refuse collection operative

Police FORCE to police service

EX wife to ******* witch hope you burn in hell.......:-D

• Like Like x 2
  4. ====================================================

====================================================

Coming soon to a village/town/city near you, new signage (in the appropriate local ethnic language):

Colouredpool...Christmosque...Edinveggieburgh...Birmingeveg...Brokermond...Isle of Person & the Isle of Rainbow...Yahoomouth...etc etc.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

9 inches to 6.

God I hate people that educate women.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yep, 24 inches to 12 in my case but same issue... ;)

7. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Heavy Banter - Bullying
    Banter - Racist Bullying
    Piss stained "it was better in my day" chain smoking old twat - Member of RR or RNA

The War Office didn't become the MoD. The MoD was a merging of the Admiralty, War Office and the Air Ministry.

Stores to Logistics makes sense and Stores is just, well storing. Logistics is much more than that.

Yes I am spoiling for a fight as I am having a shite day here in the arse end of the Gulf. If people would just accept that I know what I am talking about and just f'ing do it instead of arguing and then finding out we have wasted everyones time when if they had just gone with what I said we would be fine.

And breathe.

• Like Like x 3
  8. It could be worse, you could be here in Bahrain. Confined to our accomadation on lockdown!

9. steady...they will be along soon and tell you that that is naughty to say that...i got told

10. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

My heart bleeds. I am stuck on an Army camp inside the Kuwait Naval Base. The only other place I can go is Camp AJ. Which I do as I can get a Starbucks. Yep that is the highlight of my week, going to a MASSIVE US Army base to get a Starbucks.

I guess you will just have to stay in your accom and struggle on with the roof top swimming pools, TV, bedrooms with heads that work and access to Welcome phone lines with out having to wander around with a SatPhone trying to get a signal.

:)

11. Having said that, you do seem to have done rather well when it comes to visits from fragrant cheerleaders whom you were able to mesmerise with your "Hugh Grant" Englishness, so it can't be all bad ...

=-)

12. Yup. Must be divine out there...:evil4:

13. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Bahrain must have changed - I staged through there on a trooping flight and was treated to what I imagine the Crabs thoiught was 'breakfast' in what they perhaps thought was suitable officer accommodation ... slimy tepid corned beef fritters served in a temp of about 380 Fahrenheit in a ciorrugated iron shed. The worst breakfast of my entire life. Runner up was from the Crabs too.

14. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Oh the cheerleaders. A ray of brilliance in this dark place. Humm cheerleaders. Now on my 5th lot.

Attached Files:

15. That is one nice clicky chair you have ;-) Well I shall just have to raise you on that and put my CINCFLEET pic up. Oh that doesn't have the same appeal does it?

16. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

The clicky chair is great, has a nice cup holder. If only this place was not dry then it would have a nice beer.

Attached Files: