How snowy is it down your way? (Revived!)

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by soleil, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well?

2. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Not much snow anymore, icy as fcuk though

3. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

leaithel up here just pure ice covered with snow already been on my arse today

4. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

"VERY" snowy indeed, my car won't move!

5. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

few inches and still coming. Went for a cracking run to the gym an hour or so ago. Bloody lovely. Will hit the hills tomorrow and take a camera I think.

6. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Just went outside on to the balcony so that I can answer my own question .......

The snow is just beginning, light, fluffy, swirling flakes ....... very, very cold.

It rarely settles deeply in the smoke; partly because of the air conditioning in the buildings which emit warm air, partly because they clear the pavements for the commuters.

Will be heavy tomorrow.

7. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

7"

8. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

It's the worse it's been for years in Liverpool. The majority of the shops are shut, and when I went the gym before 4 men had to push my car out of the car park. I felt like I was driving an igloo. Trying to park it up the path was another story!!

9. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Had a nice little layer, then rain which is now ice and being covered in a thicker layer of snow. Don't think I'll go to work tomorrow, just take the dog for a walk and look at the nice dented cars :)

10. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

What Wrecker said.

It's going to be lethal on the minor roads in the morning in sunny Jannerland. :(

11. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Here in Yorks, I reckon 8" (but Mrs R12 reckons 6") :)

Me and the kids made a snow queen (c/w boobs & bra, wig, necklace, skirt and lippy (cough-candy twists are superb as lips and get this....they glow in the dark!!) We even made an igloo for her pad.

Also, me and little R12 went out tonight in the landy for an hour for some fun & games....got to be done!

12. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

North West is ok i guess nothing special, but good enough to get the snowboard out and have some fun.

13. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

lorry on the motorway at easterhouse
    [​IMG]

and a nice icicle on my window.
    [​IMG]

14. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Liverpool?
    Leave it unlocked, I bet it will :D

15. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

depends if the wheels are still on it that is. :wink:

16. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

2 foot and rising! love my area lol!

17. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

I might get the skis out tomorrow, plenty of snow covered roads, cant see the cars being much of a problem, but we shall see.

18. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Just remembered: when I was in the frozen North visiting my family over Xmas I saw a neighbour's suburban 4 x 4 really struggling in the conditions.

It puzzled me why the driver was only using 2 wheel drive instead of all 4 until I spotted the driver's gender....

19. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Ha i had that problem today, saw a WOMEN DRIVER in a 4x4 at the side of the road reving the f*uck out of it but only two of the wheels were spinning, so me being a good man pulled behind her knocked on the window and said ''have you got it set in four wheel drive'', she gave me a stupid confused look and answered'' its a 4x4''.
    So i mentioned ''see that little stick next to the gear stick, pull it back''
    But off course she is always right, so i f**ked her off then a few seconds later she was off, all wheels working.

Im convinced that people that buy these top end 4x4 dont have a clue what half the buttons and levers do. Money wasted in my eyes.

20. Re: How snowy is it down your way?

Best thing is when the rich yamyams from the black country attend a shoot in 'tha cuuuntray' driving their Range Rovers.

Show them a slight muddy incline and their arms are a blur of movement as they reset the traction settings for their arduous ascent. :roll:

Meanwhile the beaters are ten up in the suzuki with bald tyres, over taking them. Cunts

Really want to be there when they see this lot!