how often does the royal navy give out starting dates?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by NotLongTillTsm, Sep 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone,
    I was wondering how often does the royal navy give out dates too people, to start basic?

As i have been waiting for 15 months, and applying for TSM, which is a 18 month wait.

And i have seen on one of the threads here that people have dates, for june next year? and i haven't been allocated one, even though my "wait is up" in december? ( using Wait is up loosely, as i know i could be waiting longer.)

I have good contact with my AFCO, and he phones me every month. But i have only just noticed that people have been given dates, that far away.

I have used the search function, but nothing came up.

Thanks, and all the best!
  2. The navy gives out dates when places are allocated. Those that have been giving an entry date are either joining a different branch to you and have been waiting longer than you. Everyone is in the same situation and you just have to play the waiting game. You will normally get about 12 weeks notice for entry.
  3. Thank you for the reply, ohh i see, i suppose you wouldn't know where i could find information on when the next branch intake for my job would be? is it released anywhere?

Thank you!
  4. Your CA at the AFCO is the person to talk to about likely dates - they are not published in the public domain. The wait is a bit like share prices - it may go up or down!
    You will also go to Collingwood or Caledonia for PRNC before joining Raleigh. There are only so many entires at Raleigh per year and people will be allocated to them depending on how many of a trade the branch manager requires (in that year). Sometimes a place might be given "out of turn" if it is a female place (accommodation driven), someone fails PRNC, or more commonly now, doesn't want to accept their place due to a change in circumstances.
  5. Kind of ironic, that username. The OP I mean. Sorry...slow day in sultan today...