how often do you get to shoot?

slim

War Hero
If you like to shoot then most ships and establishments will have a shooting team.
If you are good enough you may even get to Bisley.

At JFH it was at least once a year, however we also shot prior to Afghan deployments. I would suggest the Junglies do it quite regularly.

Lynx fags and Pingers unless a crewie I would suggest basic training and when told :)

Last edited:
No offence Wrecks, but how is that funny? :confused:
Dapper, maybe because these days, unofficially, if your not in a force protection role, or boarding party, the Chops M and his team don't arrange for you to go down a range / we don't have the time to go due to work commitments, or the range is booked for someone else.
The last 3 years of my career (attached to the Marines) I shot a rifle more times than the previous 7 put together as after leaving phase 2, I never shot a single bullet, just did a WHT every 6 months and that was it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dapper, maybe because these days, unofficially, if your not in a force protection role, or boarding party, the Chops M and his team don't arrange for you to go down a range / we don't have the time to go due to work commitments, or the range is booked for someone else.
The last 3 years of my career (attached to the Marines) I shot a rifle more times than the previous 7 put together as after leaving phase 2, I never shot a single bullet, just did a WHT every 6 months and that was it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How did the Chops (M) fiddle the books for the NAPWT?

As an ex-ME, only did weapon handling and the odd range shooting as an MEM for RF duties, once I got my hooks that was the end of my time with bang sticks.

Seadog

War Hero
I haven't held a weapon...er...firearm for over a decade but my trigger discipline is so ingrained I keep my finger outside the trigger guard..... on bananas.

I haven't held a weapon...er...firearm for over a decade but my trigger discipline is so ingrained I keep my finger outside the trigger guard..... on bananas.
I thought for a minute you were going to say, trigger finger out of the handle and pinky raised to save being find, a bottle of Port:)