How my heart Bleeds

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mikh, Jun 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Moaning MPs unhappy with toilets and dining rooms at House of Commons - Telegraph
    Oh How sad, what a pity, subsidised bars and restaurants and they are unhappy, add the fact they have at least one smoking room whereas the rest of us have to go outside and shelter from the elements as best we can. At my last place of work we had a bus shelter, but due to the legislation on smoking in enclosed spaces it had to have most of the glass removed so we were only sheltered when the wind and rain were coming from 1 direction.

Not sure what the rules are on Ships, but when they were first throwing the legislation about they were considering banning smoking throughout and only allowing smoking on the upper decks

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I think you'll find that the Smoking Room is a historical title and, notwithstanding the Royal Palace status, that the ban on smoking in public buildings has been applied.

3. Thanks for the update, I know when the ban first came into force, they were allowed to smoke in certain rooms

edited as Silverfox got his whitescreen sorted when I 1st posted a reply

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

5. wet_blobby

I've worked in the House of commons on a few occasions, ******* should shut up, they really dont know when their bread is buttered. The food is very good and in generous large amounts for sod all money and so is the beer. I expect it'll be even cheaper for an MP. Oh, licensing laws dont apply to the House of commons, neither do health and saftey laws, infact, not alot of the bullshit they dictate out to the masses count for much in there. The Smoking rule does though, that quite shagable Geordie MP had quite abit to do with bringing that in, I did enjoy standing outside having a tab puffing away into her open office window the last time I was there though... :)

6. wet_blobby