how much notice

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DublinRum, Feb 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When you finally recieve an entrance date for HMS Raleigh how much notice do they give you?(e.g to hand in notice at work etc)
  2. Does it really matter apart from courtesy? I got about 4 months but that was a long time ago.
  3. I've been told three months mate, but I had a friend who went in as an officer who had 4 weeks notice!!
  4. As bambi says, they apparently give you 3 months but I know people who got 3 weeks as it was a cancellation place.
  5. You should have filled it in on your RT application, latest is normally a month!
  6. The period of notice given to Recruits is worked out by an RN Writer on the Gammadex mainframe at Centurion using the following formula;
    Either that or they throw a dart at the Pirelli calander on the wall.
  7. I have been given 6 months notice, and i tell you what it's one of the longest couple months i've had so far! only 4 more to go!!
  8. We normally allocate candidates at least one term in advance. There are 3 terms - April to August, September to December and December to March. So it depends when you are joining, but on average you get 3 to 4 months notice. I've just told a lad he's got a date in July. That said if you want to get in quick then sometimes people drop out at short notice (less than a month). So it depends on the circumstances, but certainly normally over 1 month.

Hope this helps

9. Thats great cheers.