How much notice of AIB do you get?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ih5srahsn2tpofa, Jul 5, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How much notice do you usually get of AIB? If I got an email on Monday would my AIB be in a month? 2 weeks? Or what? I'm currently checking my emails and spam folder everyday, waiting for an email

Thanks

2. Does it matter? You can't be over prepared so start preparing for it now.

3. More importantly, are you not using all you memory to remember that user name

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes, I have to book time off work and my holiday year ends in August so I have to use it all up before then

5. Just pull a sicky

Tell work you have a dose of "malingering", they'll never know ⚓️

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  6. Do the AIBs tend to run over consecutive weekdays, i.e. requiring three days of leave to be taken for those of us already in employment? If so I need to ensure I don't book a ski trip this winter.

7. This is one of the threads we're not allowed to swear on isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I can take the answer from that. I presumed as much but a little certainty goes a long way.

EDIT: Upon re-reading my initial post, I see that I appeared not to know whether it ran over consecutive days. My query was actually whether it incorporated any weekend days. Minus one point for leaving it open to interpretation.