how much money will i be getting?

ROFLMAN

Midshipman
assuming i start at raleigh early next year ill get 839 a month after tax/ni. how much goes towards food/acom

Well my lad was told he would get £175 a week after food and accommodation - unfortunately we don't know if thats right or not coz very few of them actually got paid last month or this month, due to thangeover to JPA. They have now been told they will get it all up to date at the end of December (after they pass out) so my advice is go in with some in reserve!

my fella started on 22nd Oct had £247 of deductions from 22nd Oct to 30th Nov (6 weeks ish) for food £147, £18 bed, £30 washing bill, £25 advance and few other bits.

......but he didnt get paid...........but they sorted it for us in the end, so the Navy is good! and the MOD crap!

andym

War Hero
WASHING BILL!!!!!!WTF is that when its at home?Dont recruits have to dhoby their kit anymore????No wonder its going to the Dogs!

andym said:
WASHING BILL!!!!!!WTF is that when its at home?Dont recruits have to dhoby their kit anymore????No wonder its going to the Dogs!
LOL, I know when I was in the army, we had a green sack that all our washing went into, it had a number on, and we used to put our name and number on this list and sign!

Never did our own lol!

grefs

Lantern Swinger
andym said:
I'll bet they even send their nicks(skidders included) and socks as well. lol

dondon

MIA
The only dhoby bill I used to get was off the chokey , but even then it was tiny cos I used to prefer to do my own , & certainly never got one in a Shore Establishment , :? 8O

grefs said:
It seems they have a real easy time in todays RN, compared to days gone by.
That's Britain in a nut-shell though mate.

The entire system's gone soft... why do you think Alcoholics and Drug-addicts can have double benefits?

I think the British Armed Forces is the last Bastion of the once GREAT-Britain.

But even that sounds like it's dwindling. I heard the other day that Drill Sergeants are not allowed to shout at you anymore - Presumably a joke but I see it ending up a reality in the not-too distant future. :cry:

dondon

MIA
creddly said:
grefs said:

The entire system's gone soft... why do you think Alcoholics and Drug-addicts can have double benefits?

But even that sounds like it's dwindling. I heard the other day that Drill Sergeants are not allowed to shout at you anymore - Presumably a joke but I see it ending up a reality in the not-too distant future. :cry:

You can bet your bottom Dollar on that mate , :roll:

They do still hand wash their own stuff including overalls etc and do not have access to a washing machine. I think that once in while they can put stuff through the laundry facilities but i think think this is for bedding. Not 100% sure but think thats right.

dt018a9667

War Hero
If I remember we did have laundry bills back in 1970 at that place that cannot be named, but that was only for sheets and pillow cases. :p

ANGWISH

Lantern Swinger
creddly said:
grefs said:

What will drill pigs and GI's do if they can't shout at people. That's what they's here for :cry:

ANGWISH said:
creddly said:
grefs said:

What will drill pigs and GI's do if they can't shout at people. That's what they's here for :cry:
Exactly!

There's enough people out of work as it is without Drillies losing their job too!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
joeG How much money should i take to raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B how much money The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 4
MoD_RSS Much Wenlock residents urged to find out about flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Much-loved coastal heritage assets to be saved with almost £1 million of Coastal Revival Fund MoD News 0
Dusty70 How Much......................................... Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS News story: DIO restores much loved Wiltshire monument MoD News 0
TechFin Is There Much Of A Waiting List For Pilot? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Antonio555 How much will i really earn? CIS submariner Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS News story: New fingerprint chemical to ‘make it much harder for criminals to escape... MoD News 0
A How much should I be able to squat? Health & Fitness 5
L How much longer????? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J Advice much appreciated please. Submariners 17
BoatyMcBoatFace How much of the world does the average RN sailor see? Travel & The Great Outdoors 114
u04elw2 How Much Time Spent Away From Home? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
F Not missed much then Diamond Lil's 38
S Thank you very much! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
O Army Deferral, how much will it go against me? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
I How much notice of AIB do you get? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
W How much phys do you during Phase 1? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil Western Morning News: "Not Much Room To Spare For HMS Penzance" The Fleet 0
Waspie Not so much up diddly up!!!!! MoD News 12
E RMR work as much as you like? RMR 13
R SOS! SFA Q: How much more does SFA cost @ NON-ENTITLED Rate The Quarterdeck 1
soleil Mail: "Meet The Man Who Loved Harrier Jump Jets So Much He Bought One" The Fleet Air Arm 1
fishhead Astute Class and how much they're costing. Submariners 0
B How much longer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 52
M How much history should i research for my interview? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J How much ironing preparation are you doing before joining raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
DublinRum how much notice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
trelawney126 How Much did you pay for your Xmas Tree £900? Current Affairs 6
pinkprincess Big Brother much? The Gash Barge 5
Drakey So much for spelling The Quarterdeck 6
trelawney126 How Much more Bread To Fix The Haldron Collider AGAIN The Gash Barge 3
pinkprincess Just because it made me laugh so much! Diamond Lil's 5
C How much time Blogs 8
M Front & back doors, how much? Lil's version. Diamond Lil's 14
witsend Front & back doors, how much? Finance & Pensions 22
B How much is everyone else doing? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 59
trelawney126 Too Much to Hope For Current Affairs 2
Montigny_La_Palisse How much can you spare? Charity 26
L Speed time distance - your opinion (not so much a how to!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
K Too much CCTV Current Affairs 2
JaFAA Are some recruits joining up cos there's not much better do? Diamond Lil's 19
SpliceTheMainbrace 8-9 MONTH MOBILISATIONS, HOW MUCH LEAVE?? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 23
slim Benefits pilot scheme scrapped for costing too much Current Affairs 5
P How much does it cost to train a royal marine commando? The Corps 29
A Too Much Sun = Site Issues 4
S How much was I earning - 1975 History 40
GSSR_Vvd Why do i bother to do so much for the RNR??? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 46
F Nasty Scam YOU cant do much about! (baseball bat req'd) Diamond Lil's 7