Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much does it cost to train a royal marine commando?

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Fahsands and fahsands, bit more than a Para now they ain't jumping and a lot less than a Crabfat Pilot. You (Or the Taxpayer in this case) pays your money and takes your choice.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
Dunno, but it costs just over £7,000 just to recruit each potential Royal Marine Commando (To get them as far as starting Recruit Training).

I'd guess somewhere around the cost of a couple of Porsche Cayannes to train them.
 

Karma

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:
I'd guess somewhere around the cost of a couple of Porsche Cayannes to train them.

Particularly if you abate the cost of an entire batch against those who finish as originals, you're drawing in the cost of all those who didn't complete. Probably more meaningful to work out an average time to complete, bearing in mind Hunter and backtrooping.

With all that it's probably easily in the order of a couple of hundred grand each.


Three guesses who's writing business cases at the moment :D
 

dogsnaffle

Badgeman
Now, as a taxpayer too it often occurs to me that not only did I pay for part of my own training, but I continue to pay a contribution towards my salary.

Therefore over the years I have also bought myself quite a bit of kit to be issued to me, a substantial part of my ammunition, a rifle, some frag, phos, scran, several bandaids and should by now have at least a time share in a helicopter.....

YET YOU ASK TO TAKE A FEW MEASLY ROUNDS HOME WITH YOU TO SHOOT A TROUBLESOME NEIGHBOUR'S DOG AND THEY LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOU'RE SOME KIND OF FRUITCAKE....I ASK YOU?!?!?
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
NotmeChief said:
Where did you two get those figures, I've seen the bill and it's 9 pence.
You've been seen off! Paras are two a penny.
Get yourself some sharpish then the Creme de la creme,ie Royal, won't have to endure you're pish poor comments re lobotomies and chunky watches. And you can put up with filthy Pongoes :dwarf:
I'd lay good money that the average Royal is more intelligent than the average Seaman Spec, after all we don't sign on to be paint chippers and dogsbodies.
Royals ship routine; PT and Bronzing. :thumright:
 
As Booties are priceless (well, some of them anyway) the cost is irrelevant.

I understand they each cost £25 3s 6d
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
SS-super-stoker said:
It cost 30k to train a civvy nurse in 1998.

Different job and out of date information. Do I get some kind of 'shit answer' prize?

Tip top answer.

You should get an A* GCSE result for that.

Apparently :thumright: .
 
dogsnaffle said:
Now, as a taxpayer too it often occurs to me that not only did I pay for part of my own training, but I continue to pay a contribution towards my salary.

Therefore over the years I have also bought myself quite a bit of kit to be issued to me, a substantial part of my ammunition, a rifle, some frag, phos, scran, several bandaids and should by now have at least a time share in a helicopter.....

YET YOU ASK TO TAKE A FEW MEASLY ROUNDS HOME WITH YOU TO SHOOT A TROUBLESOME NEIGHBOUR'S DOG AND THEY LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOU'RE SOME KIND OF FRUITCAKE....I ASK YOU?!?!?

There is no such thing as a troublesome neighbours dog. The problem will be with the neighbour. If you shoot the dog neighbour will get another one. Best to shoot the neighbour.
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
Backpacker1uk said:
dogsnaffle said:
Now, as a taxpayer too it often occurs to me that not only did I pay for part of my own training, but I continue to pay a contribution towards my salary.

Therefore over the years I have also bought myself quite a bit of kit to be issued to me, a substantial part of my ammunition, a rifle, some frag, phos, scran, several bandaids and should by now have at least a time share in a helicopter.....

YET YOU ASK TO TAKE A FEW MEASLY ROUNDS HOME WITH YOU TO SHOOT A TROUBLESOME NEIGHBOUR'S DOG AND THEY LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOU'RE SOME KIND OF FRUITCAKE....I ASK YOU?!?!?

There is no such thing as a troublesome neighbours dog. The problem will be with the neighbour. If you shoot the dog neighbour will get another one. Best to shoot the neighbour.

And according to APP-7, Backpacker is the person you need to see for your rounds.
 

Omelette

Midshipman
thepercyboy said:
Or that royals are freerange waitrose eggs as opposed to asda's own brand battery chicken eggs... :afro:

And all this time I thought they were 'ard! I'll be sure to punch the next booty or para I see, safe in the knowledge that they have thin shells and wobbly, delicate interiors.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SOS! SFA Q: How much more does SFA cost @ NON-ENTITLED Rate The Quarterdeck 1
BoatyMcBoatFace How much of the world does the average RN sailor see? Travel & The Great Outdoors 114
K Officer leaving: how much notice? Finance & Pensions 10
MoD_RSS Torness officers raise funds to remember much loved local resident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government gives businesses much-needed breathing space with extension of insolvency measures MoD News 0
Waspie Not so much WAFU as Crab!! The Fleet Air Arm 3
MoD_RSS Much Wenlock residents urged to find out about flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Much-loved coastal heritage assets to be saved with almost £1 million of Coastal Revival Fund MoD News 0
Dusty70 How Much......................................... Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS News story: DIO restores much loved Wiltshire monument MoD News 0
TechFin Is There Much Of A Waiting List For Pilot? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Antonio555 How much will i really earn? CIS submariner Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS News story: New fingerprint chemical to ‘make it much harder for criminals to escape... MoD News 0
A How much should I be able to squat? Health & Fitness 5
L How much longer????? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J Advice much appreciated please. Submariners 17
joeG How much money should i take to raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
u04elw2 How Much Time Spent Away From Home? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
F Not missed much then Diamond Lil's 38
S Thank you very much! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
O Army Deferral, how much will it go against me? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
I How much notice of AIB do you get? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
W How much phys do you during Phase 1? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil Western Morning News: "Not Much Room To Spare For HMS Penzance" The Fleet 0
Waspie Not so much up diddly up!!!!! MoD News 12
E RMR work as much as you like? RMR 13
soleil Mail: "Meet The Man Who Loved Harrier Jump Jets So Much He Bought One" The Fleet Air Arm 1
fishhead Astute Class and how much they're costing. Submariners 0
B How much longer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 52
M How much history should i research for my interview? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J How much ironing preparation are you doing before joining raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
DublinRum how much notice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
trelawney126 How Much did you pay for your Xmas Tree £900? Current Affairs 6
pinkprincess Big Brother much? The Gash Barge 5
Drakey So much for spelling The Quarterdeck 6
trelawney126 How Much more Bread To Fix The Haldron Collider AGAIN The Gash Barge 3
pinkprincess Just because it made me laugh so much! Diamond Lil's 5
C How much time Blogs 8
M Front & back doors, how much? Lil's version. Diamond Lil's 14
witsend Front & back doors, how much? Finance & Pensions 22
B How much is everyone else doing? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 59
trelawney126 Too Much to Hope For Current Affairs 2
Montigny_La_Palisse How much can you spare? Charity 26
L Speed time distance - your opinion (not so much a how to!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
K Too much CCTV Current Affairs 2
JaFAA Are some recruits joining up cos there's not much better do? Diamond Lil's 19
SpliceTheMainbrace 8-9 MONTH MOBILISATIONS, HOW MUCH LEAVE?? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 23
slim Benefits pilot scheme scrapped for costing too much Current Affairs 5
A Too Much Sun = Site Issues 4
S How much was I earning - 1975 History 40
Similar threads


















































Top