How many runs ashore?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by k800i, Nov 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im at Raleigh on the 18th.

im wondeirng how many times roughly will i get to myself to goto plymouth?

i was considering getting the lady friend to pop down some time? will i get alot of notice before im allowed out?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'd advise focusing on completing phase one training first.

There is no point whatsoever in anyone coming to visit you until after the first 9 weeks of training as your time off is extremely limited & should be spent with your classmates, not partners.

In any event, you'll only be there for just under 5 weeks before you're off for Christmas leave.

3. I suppose your right. but still.. you know :p LOL

4. K800i.

You've obviously got limited imagination naming yourself after a phone, and then demanding a run ashore before you've even earned one.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on my forthcoming day job.

5. I'm sorry i am 100% commited im just trying to make things easier by getting a little info before hand.. it would be nice to see my GF once she's at uni down there kinda close..

6. Ninja_Stoker

I'm glad someone sussed-out the username!

Signed,

Nokia 6230i

7. i couldn't think of a username and my phone was resting on the top of my keyboard and thought why not

8. Ninja_Stoker

Why not indeed.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm not really a Ninja either. Used to be a Stoker, but there the relevance of the username ends, sadly.

The name's irrelevant, quite honestly, many of us probably wish we'd chosen a different one with the benefit of hindsight, however the only people to bother changing them are those that need to change it to stop the incoming hassle after making an imprudent post or ten.

9. Well my name is.. well, my name!

I also have a girlfriend who has just left me in tears bless her.

Its only a few weeks mate. Seeing them inbetween will be harder in the long run. Just stay strong for her and I dare say she'll do the same.

All the very best.

/Ben

10. Ninja_Stoker

You'll get used to it Ben & so will she.

The irony is that my missus is in tears when I come home, but laughs when I leave[​IMG]

11. thing us us guys have needs and im wondering how that side of things is going to fare.. hmm LOL

12. That's why Matelots have socks "k800i" , :thumright:

13. Nope, you'll be too busy for that, and you won't even reach half mast for a few weeks. It might be the jabs, who knows...?