How many online forum group members does it take to change..

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by sgtpepperband, Sep 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

How many online forum group members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to blame the spell checkers.

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"...another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ".

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

How many Moderators does it take?

Just the one - they stand still while the forum revolves around them....

3. Re: How many online forum group members does it take to chan

Hey Silverfox...........What's it like to be at the centre of our universe. Doncha get dizzy what with things going round and round and round and....... :pukel:
    I've nominated all mods for awards but does this bloody goverment listen....do they bollards!!!!

4. Re: How many online forum group members does it take to chan

sgtpepperband you have far too much time on your hands. Get out more and troop someone! ;-)

5. Re: How many online forum group members does it take to chan

Ohh they're listening, just that you're not paying enough wedge up front.
    Allegedly, of course, coz I know you're Listening, I can hear you fidgeting behind my monitor :hiding:

6. goes without saying that you are the centre of my universe SF ;)

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

How many dyslexics does it take to change a light blub then?

8. Re: How many online forum group members does it take to chan

How many senior rates does it take to change a light bulb ?
    10...........1 to change the bulb and 9 to harp on about how good the old one was.

9. Re: How many online forum group members does it take to chan

You contacted the wrong people. You need the Honours Committee.... hand us a fiver....

10. Ninja_Stoker

How many Matelots does it take to change a light bulb?

10. 1 to claim he wasn't shown how to do it in training, 1 to be adrift, 1 to claim he is being victimised as he did it last time, 1 to claim his careers adviser told him that special teams came onboard to do the cleaning & change the bulbs, 1 to lose it, 1 to step on it, 1 to be pissed & try to trap the girl actually changing it, 1 to eat it, 1 to be on his "late standeasy" & 1 to take charge.

11. Can't they all be the same person?

PS: Are we discussing incandescent or fluorescent light bulbs here? :confused3:

12. Ninja_Stoker

Don't start - Sgt PB's original post is starting to come true!

13. Is that we used to call being on light duties?

14. sgtpepperband

Re: How many online forum group members does it take to chan

I don't troop anyone - they troop themselves! :wink:

15. sgtpepperband

Chaaange?! CHAAANGE?! CHANGE?!?! 8O

16. Don't blame me you started it ok BUT

Bulbs CROW....

LAMPS CLOW....

I told you, and Stg warned you some AH would start going on about Fecking Bulbs and Lamps

ENJOY

17. I assume that a risk assessment was done before the commencement of changing the lamp and that full EU and Union rules were followed. Also that no ethnical, racial, religious or sex discrimination was involved and that the full rate for the job was paid.

18. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Don't forget the one who claims he could only change the lightbulb if he was allowed to recat to tiff, just like his career advisor promised him he could!

19. Ninja_Stoker

Ouch! :thumright:

OK 11.