how many get through?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by werqpr, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was wondering if anyone knows how many people apply as "ratings" each year and how many are sucsessful? thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site,

It depends from geographic region to region in the UK & the standard of education.

To give you a rough idea for the RN, there are roughly about 4 times as many applicants as there are successful candidates. Around 35% to 45% fail the recruiting test either entirely or for their preferred job in some regions whilst others have less than 10% test score fails.

You have to treat the statistics with great caution as it doesn't mean you have a 25% of passing selection as you may well be brighter than the UK average, but then have a medical condition which is a bar to entry.

Hopefully that's not the case for you.

Good luck.

3. Depends on how crap or thick they are.

4. thanks for that, very helpful. I suppose i'll just have to crack on with the process and hope for the best.

5. As do we all mate.

I got my presentation tomorrow. I will be taking application forms home after!

6. And i will be taking a headache tablet. :w00t:

7. ?

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

9. Erm. Looks like all apple trees will be felled to prevent the possibility of an apple ever landing on someone's head and hurting them! :roll:

Eat your heart out Eve and hissing Sid! :lol: