How many forum members.....

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Shakey, Jun 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .....does it take to change a lightbulb:

1 to change the light bulb.

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
    ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anally retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

203 to demand that cross posting to Waffle, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.

27 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a search on 'light bulbs' before posting questions about light bulbs".

16 to say, "I sent you a private message about light bulbs".

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and to start it all over again.

2. fair nuff. can't argue with the truth........well there are some people who'll give a damn good go :lol: :lol:

3. What is a light bulb?

4. Bulbs Grow - Lamps Glow???!!

5. I think you'll find it's 'lightbulb'.

6. having worked at BHS homestore lighting department every Saturday for a year then 3 months full time, then going back for 6 weeks at Christmas 4 years ago,

lightbulb was the terminology we used

7. If a bulb glows in the forrest how many chickens does it take to cross the road?

8. Well,ill light my Lamp.

9. A bulb with 50% less fat?

10. It depends on how many trees have fallen in its path, making no sound before they crushed bears sh*tting in the woods.

11. B-Y

If they crushed a bear then the trees would have made a noise cos the bears would hear it. What would have been noiseless was the squishing of the bears and their poop.

Nutty

12. Deleted, pressed wrong button while trying to insert movie clip.

Nutty

13. Alas, you are correct. Philosophy was never my strong suit.
    Perhaps I should have suggested that the trees fall upon a box containing Schroedingers cat, which would have been simultaneously alive and dead the split second before the tree hit.

Of course, the resulting release of radiation from said box would kill any chickens before they had a chance to cross the road, rendering silver_foxs' question meaningless...which would take us to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle which states.....AAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!! (head explodes)

14. Yes but who is going to go la la la now if that happened to the bears?

15. B-Y

I hope your head has re-grown as I forgot to mention the two nearby grey squirrels who were copulating at that moment in an effort to build an army to repules the invasion of chickens who had crossed the road into the forest. So, ALMOST, certainly heard the bears get squished.

Nutty

Nutty