How many @ Basic Training ?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Westie, Jun 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the intake and does it run every 10 wks or so?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

About 80 Ratings join the Navy each & every week, apart from the 6 weeks leave periods each year.
  3. What about officers?
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

They get 6 weeks leave too.
  5. Probaly not that much, as they recruit upto 500 officers a year, as from the royal navy website.
  6. 500 ossifers a year!!! At this rate they'll be more sossifers than wate-ings......

Hic! :drunken:
  7. Ninja_Stoker

My sentiments exactly.

Three intakes a year.
  8. Of the 3680 rating that go to basic how many pass both basic and trade training? Curosity more than anything.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

About 10% submit PVR (opt out) whilst at Raleigh, 5% are medically discharged, 3% are discharged unsuitable.

Phase two training failures are dependant on the trade. I'd guess AETs have the highest fail rate in phase two. Conversely, Royal Marines have significantly higher losses through Medical & PVR wastage.
  10. Small point, and excuse my pickiness, but it's eight weeks.

Two Easter/Christmas and four in the summer.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

You are indeed correct, those in training establishments get slightly more leave. The annual leave entitlement, once trained is of course 6 weeks & 8 public holidays, which is in effect a couple of days short of 8 weeks.
  12. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I believe, as informed by one of my CPO's, that this year is a first, in that they've done away with public holidays. Everyone was simply given 38 days leave and this should be reflected on everyone's JPA accounts. I confess I have not checked, but as NS states this does equate to 2 days short of 8 weeks.
  13. This may sound like a stupid question but why would someone get medically discharged inHMS Raleigh? Won't they have to pass a medical before they go in?

14. Maybe get injured during the training and is something that would render them unfit to continue? Just a guess though.
  15. If your huffing and puffing round the track.almost dying after the 1.2 mile run...break a leg or arm or something.
  16. I imagine if someone got injured during Raleigh then they are medically discharged. I am prepared to be proved wrong though!
  17. Not really.

It's more often things that crop up which were not evident during the medicals.
  18. Na I have heard if you break/sprain (for instance) an ankle. You get discharged but are offered a new start date once you're healed
  19. I get puffed out walking 1.2 metres! Whose leg should I break to cure me of this affliction?

Dumbb of Dumbarton
  20. cant wait to get there in october.. got to giv up smoking because i dont want to be medically discharged having not been able to run! lol.