How many @ Basic Training ?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Dunno.

About 10% submit PVR (opt out) whilst at Raleigh, 5% are medically discharged, 3% are discharged unsuitable.

Phase two training failures are dependant on the trade. I'd guess AETs have the highest fail rate in phase two. Conversely, Royal Marines have significantly higher losses through Medical & PVR wastage.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You are indeed correct, those in training establishments get slightly more leave. The annual leave entitlement, once trained is of course 6 weeks & 8 public holidays, which is in effect a couple of days short of 8 weeks.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ninja_Stoker said:
You are indeed correct, those in training establishments get slightly more leave. The annual leave entitlement, once trained is of course 6 weeks & 8 public holidays, which is in effect a couple of days short of 8 weeks.
I believe, as informed by one of my CPO's, that this year is a first, in that they've done away with public holidays. Everyone was simply given 38 days leave and this should be reflected on everyone's JPA accounts. I confess I have not checked, but as NS states this does equate to 2 days short of 8 weeks.

Ninja_Stoker said:
Dunno.

About 10% submit PVR (opt out) whilst at Raleigh, 5% are medically discharged, 3% are discharged unsuitable.

Phase two training failures are dependant on the trade. I'd guess AETs have the highest fail rate in phase two. Conversely, Royal Marines have significantly higher losses through Medical & PVR wastage.
This may sound like a stupid question but why would someone get medically discharged inHMS Raleigh? Won't they have to pass a medical before they go in?

WATP
Jonny

Welshy

Lantern Swinger
I imagine if someone got injured during Raleigh then they are medically discharged. I am prepared to be proved wrong though!

FistFullOfNails said:
If your huffing and puffing round the track.almost dying after the 1.2 mile run...break a leg or arm or something.
I get puffed out walking 1.2 metres! Whose leg should I break to cure me of this affliction?

Dumbb of Dumbarton

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
Skunkmiester Diamond Lil's 10