how long??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ChrisTic, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how long did it take roughly from your 1st interview untill you passed all the other tests

2. 3 months, was for me. Someone will come along who left in 1970's and try and help you.

3. And they'll still know more about the modern navy than you.

4. Probaly do, never said they didnt.

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Be honest Chico, mummy told you what to write didn't she? :wink:

6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Let's see.... first interview sometime in the middle of 1979, AIB September 1979, next interview early 1984 followed by commencing new entry in October 1984; had a couple of interviews without coffee or biscuits at various times and I'm still waiting for my last set of test results (admittedly these are looking for high levels of uric acid in my blood stream).
    There; as requested, not helpful at all! :)

7. The only tests you REALLY need to worry about are the tests you take after going bareback on a Bangkok whore. :wink:

8. Applied dinner time wed afternoon Feb '65. Sat entry exam at 4 pm same day
    Medical three weeks later.
    Birthday (15) arrived in april, joining date arrived two weeks later.

Joined Raleigh June?? or July 65???. Bad meory and SC in loft. Was jack me dhobie bucket by Nov and I joined the Far East Fleet in Singers for crimbo.
    (No Wit ...not Carol Singers) 8O :D :wink:
    Started shaving the following Christmas ( Inserted for the sake of Thing)

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Shaving you say, sure you never just stood on the upper deck and let the wind do the rest.