How long until my afco contacts me

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by michaelj1996, Nov 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I've recently applied to join the navy using there new system of applying online and waiting for you're afco to contact you. My question is how long does it normally take for them to get back to you!? Should i have received any e-mails etc confirming my application had been sent? It's already been 3 weeks.

Thanks for any help!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Once you've completed the basic eligibility criteria you should be emailed a link to complete the full application. Once fully completed and submitted the contracted company should hand you off to the nearest AFCO to be booked on for test.

All communication is by email unless you've not completed the application fully, in which case someone should call you to request the missing detail.

It will vary slightly from region to region, but generally from full completion of your application, your AFCO will be receiving notification you are ready for test within 3 working days. In my AFCO from receipt of the hand-off, you'll be emailed a "call-in" for test within about 48 hours and the test will usually be within a couple of weeks.

Check your junk email folder, if nothing received call 03456 07 55 55 between 09:00-21:00 Mon-Fri.

3. Thanks this was very helpful!