How long should I wait?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jack90, Aug 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I had a medical towards the end of May and was TMU'd as I had to do a peak flow chart and they wanted extra information on previous injuries (I have dislocated both knees). I was initially told that hopefully I should only wait 28 days until the follow-up medical. I was informed all this was a formality as it was very unlikely I would fail, due to the fact I had joined the Army Reserve just a few weeks earlier.

How long should I wait before I pester someone, and who should I pester? The RN or my GP? I'm slightly concerned with timing as I know that the upper age limit to join as an officer is 25, and I turn 25 in September. I have spoken to someone from the RN's web chat and they say that age-wise I will be fine because I started the process in time. Is this definitely the case?

Thanks in advance
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Contact your GP - check the required information has been sent. Very often GPs send an invoice before they do anything - if yours has requested payment in advance - expect to wait ten weeks.

If yours has provided the information required more than two weeks ago, contact your AFCO.
  3. Perfect advice. Thanks NS. Got the ball re-rolling.
    • Like Like x 1