How long should I expect to wait for my start date?

I have passed my PJFT and the recruiting officer has bid for a place for me 2 months ago now and have not been allocated a start date or PRNC date.
I have rang a couple times to check for information but have basically been told to just wait however, having had multiple friends join the Navy and tell me that they all received their dates within a week or two regardless of the overall waiting time for their trade as well as reading similar stories on this forum, I'm feeling quite uneasy about the situation.
My question is, am I justified in being anxious about this or is it normal to be left this long with no information at this stage of the process? The trade i'm going for is ET(WE) if that's of any help.

I have passed my PJFT and the recruiting officer has bid for a place for me 2 months ago now and have not been allocated a start date or PRNC date.
I have rang a couple times to check for information but have basically been told to just wait however, having had multiple friends join the Navy and tell me that they all received their dates within a week or two regardless of the overall waiting time for their trade as well as reading similar stories on this forum, I'm feeling quite uneasy about the situation.
My question is, am I justified in being anxious about this or is it normal to be left this long with no information at this stage of the process? The trade i'm going for is ET(WE) if that's of any help.
No

If it makes you feel any better the whole process took nearly two years from start to getting a date for my sone and when he did get his date it was very close! He waited so long he had to redo his PJFT and his PRNC is just 2 weeks beofre his Raleigh date so he had better pass ;) I think the key is not to worry but to keep in regular contact with your AFCO (my son's AFCO has been great).

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Generally, your AFCO are best placed to advise as they will know the fuller history of the application.

Sometimes cancellations pop-up and are usually offered to those not yet allocated a join date. Some branches publish their intakes dates ahead of others, so can be allocated start dates months ahead of their actual start date, others are allocated with only weeks to run.

A PRNC cannot be allocated until a start date is given.

Generally start dates are usually allocated about three to six months of the actual entry date. They are requested once the PJFT is passed but some people can wait a year or more to start, so there will be a natural pause after passing PJFT for most.

Can't remember ET(WE) waiting times off the top of my head but they do tend to fluctuate and they've very recently announced a split ("ooh look everyone, I've invented the wheel again") from the CIS branch. The rest of us knew this was coming about 18 months ago but it has finally been formally announced.

The old and bold will remember the last time this happened after the OM(C) malarkey when some genius realised that maintainers and operators underwent different skills training.