How long is wait after security clearance granted before i get a entry date

Ghost29

Midshipman
Hi all,

Ive applied for ETWE, done my interview and passed on Jan 16th and security clearance granted 2 weeks ago and i haven't heard anything from my AFCO. Anyone know how long it normally takes to get an entry date?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hi all,

Ive applied for ETWE, done my interview and passed on Jan 16th and security clearance granted 2 weeks ago and i haven't heard anything from my AFCO. Anyone know how long it normally takes to get an entry date?
Have you passed the medical examination & PJFT?

If so, your AFCO usually request an entry date after the PJFT is passed. Your careers adviser is best placed to advise of an estimated entry date and entry dates depend on the branch requirement versus training places available and numbers of applicants for that particular branch. Also thrown into the mix is unforeseen delays at medical or fitness test fails, etc.

Generally for branches with a relatively long wait to join, such as ET(WE), entry dates are allocated a couple of terms ahead.

For those physically applying to join as an ET(WE) today, assuming there are no delays, the waiting time from test to entry, I understand, is around 12-14 months. This means an applicant would join between around Feb-April 2020 and be notified of that start date around June/July, most likely.

Again, the best bet is to speak with your Careers Adviser rather than someone on the internet that doesn't have a clue about individual applicant circumstances.

I have had my Security Clearance application being progressed on NSVS, until 5 weeks ago when it changed from 'In progress' to 'Completed'. I have now lost access to the NSV account but still I have not heard anything back. Is this normal from your own experiences, what could it mean?

Latest Threads