How long, for travel expenses to be paid..??

Discussion in 'RFA' started by FTOeire, May 28, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had my interview on the 12th, had to send in my expenses afterwards, due to a mix-up with ferry fare receipt.

Sent them off on the 20th, recorded delivery. I reckon they'd have received them by the 23rd at the latest.

Anyone any idea how long they take to process the claims..?

I'm skint, and could do with the dosh :)
  2. I had my interview on the 13th like you I had to send my forms to them ( as I only had a booking confirmation for my hotel and not a receipt) havnt been paid for my expenses yet but it usually takes 2-3 weeks. You might get them at the end of the month
  3. I wait in hope then :)
  4. Yep, you heard anything back from your interview?
  5. Hope all went well with your interview, you mentioned travel expenses did you have to travel to Portsmouth for the interview or can it be done at the local AFCO?
  6. All interviews are done at Portsmouth, the RFA will give you a travel expense form so you can claim back the cost having to get to and from the interview
  7. Thanks i will have to take a 2 day man flu break from work to get down lol
  8. Lol well worth it though
  9. Twice the length it is to the middle.

But my travel expenses took 6 ish weeks as I was told they would be.
  10. As someone else said they are all at Portsmouth, I had to fly down from Glasgow at 6am and the next flight back wasn't until 9pm .... Because I could get it done in a day I had no accommodation booked but it was a long day for an hour long interview haha
  11. I had to drive for a whole 30 mins cos the traffic was bad.
    I hate when that happens :eek::p
    Nice bimble round the dock yard though lol
  12. My heart bleeds for you Bob :p you must have been knackered
  13. The sun was shining so it made up for it otherwise my day could of been ruined
  14. I'm a wee bit further north than Glasgow but if i can do it in a day then that would be good
  15. Well my interview was in the middle of the day so I had plenty of time to faff about before and after.

My mate is actually going for an interview next month but its first thing in the morning so they sorted him accommodation. Just your luck I guess.
  16. Well fingers crossed for the right time and the right result for me:D
  17. I got a flight from glasgow the day b4 mine i called them up to see if they could reccomend any b&bs and they put me up in a hotel so its worth asking them b4 you book anything
  18. Cheers for that Lashed
  19. Fortunately im local to Portsmouth if I get an interview lol
  20. Well, as of today, I'm still waiting for reimbursement.
    Interview was 12th May, they'd have received my claim around the 23rd.

Anyone else been waiting for travel expenses to be paid out..?