How long does it take to process applications?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Lawro87, Nov 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anyone could let me know how long I have to wait until I'm accepted into basic training.
    I passed the last test 3 months ago and I aint heard anything from them since.

Is this normal???

2. my other half went into navy recriutment office Feb 2006 and went into Basic 22nd Oct = takes ages! but it you havent heard nothing for 3 months maybe give them a call

3. Thanx alot I will do.

4. Some have been enlisted within a month, others are kept waiting. I suppose it is down to your trade you are wanting?

Give them a call hun

5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Lawro,

I had to wait ages-got accepted and did all the paperwork by mid October and didn't actually rock up to Raleigh until July of the following year.

If I were you, I'd ring them every 2 weeks to find out what's going on.

6. Thanx for the replies, I'll call them tomorrow!

7. I posted my security questionnaire last week. I know it can take months and months to get to basic training, but i thought the letter giving you a date might come at much the same time for everyone at least. I'm dying to know when i'll be going, me family are trying to buy me steam irons and shoe polishing kits for Christmas :roll:

8. Hey Gus, I called the Carrers office and they said they haven't got my application back from MoD yet. So its still going through security checks. As soon as they get back they can push my name through.