How long do you actually spend at sea in the RN?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by King Kenny, Mar 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly I would like to say hello and I hope that I have posted this in the correct place.

This may seem like a silly question but when you are in the RN how long do you typically spend at sea. I know you may go on deployment for 6 months at a time but when you get back home how long do you have to wait before you go back to sea, and do you always rejoin the same ship, or does another crew then go on deployment. Is the RN like the army where your family moves with you into mod accommodation or do they live in your home town and wait for your return.

Also how much extra do you get per day for being away at sea?

2. Why, we're you thinking of joining?

3. I'd suggest looking in the 'Newbies' section and also perhaps using the 'search' function to assist you in your answers.

4. wal

wal Badgeman

Do they really let them join??

Worried of Surrey.

5. ALARM, ALARM - I smell sock puppet or similar. Please send all 5 pounds to the following address........

This is the same buffoon who has no concept of detente, international relations or the nuclear deterrents.

6. The man who calls me a baffoon when you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I do and thinks he is being righteous by arming the world with doomsday devices and does nothing to rid the world of them I think has found his buffoon in himself.

7. King Kenny is NMC and I claim my £5.

8. Yep, must admit that was the first c/s that came to mind with me too!

Also has two ways to spell buffoon - muppet!

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The Navy goes to sea?

Really....

Nah..... it doesn't does it?

10. Sea? **** that. Done two years in 15 and that is enough!

• Like Like x 1
  11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Er.... where do you go swimming then?

12. Temeraire! .

13. Don't have to be on some **** ship to do our job. In fact ironically when on MCM's we actually do our job less.

14. There you go - fixed that for you!

• Like Like x 1

15. Cheers mate. Good old Horsea.

16. Considering King Kenny's posts on here and that other thread, my spidey senses are calling out journo alert, his English is too good for NMC.

Which paper do you write for KK?

17. I am not a journo, but we are on the same side, I am not a politician and I do have a service number. As for my English being so good :laughing2: well theres that clue why I didn't serve.

18. Even guard dogs have a number! There English isn't quite so correct though!

19. You have a service number but never served?, OK, it's a Tuesday and I'm bored so I'll bite. How does that work?

20. Didn't serve in the conventional manner but have served.