Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

How long did you serve?

How long did you serve?

• Total voters
Pinched from
WreckerL
5gongw.gif

New
If you buy a copy of BR1938 Naval Ratings Handbook (still got mine...anorak :) ) it's all in there, but found this on the web if it helps.

a-royal-navy-kit-muster-illustration-from-the-naval-ratings-handbook-cx1nh2-jpg.23664

Godfrey Dykes website has a section on it, google Godfrey Dykes and kit muster and all will be revealed.

Most of the above I got issued with at Ganges, stand fast duck trousers, hammock, lifebelt and greatcoat. Stuff I got issued but not on there was AGR, and sports clothing (shorts, T shirt, plimsolls). also 2 pr black boots (1pr rubber heeled, 1 pr leather heeled).

No beret in the early '60's
No beret early 70's, I think they came in around 1975. I was on the rusty B, they were issued and worn with much hilarity, if you can imagine fat 3 badge AB's looking like Benny Hill's Fred Scuttle character, that was them :)

No beret early 70's, I think they came in around 1975. I was on the rusty B, they were issued and worn with much hilarity, if you can imagine fat 3 badge AB's looking like Benny Hill's Fred Scuttle character, that was them :)
Sept 74 berets first issue

1975 general issue in the fleet then, as I was deffo at Pompey, which was when the Rusty B base port changed from Guzz.
When we first arrived at the Grad class leader tried to get us all to buy a second cap as we looked odd amongst all the cap wearers

3rd Jan 75 to 5th May 97, more good times than bad, never had a crap shore draft (FOST FMG x2, Yeovilton, CinC Fleet Foxhill, RM Poole x2) and varied sea time (Phoebe, Amazon, Stena Inspector / NP2010, Brave, Herald, NP2010 as leaving gift from Drafty - cheers tw*t!!). Amazing runs ashore, amazing oppos, still in touch with one since 1991 post-Gulf, he got me into playing bad golf....lol!!!! Would I do it again? You bet!!!

I did 36 years all up including Boys' Time in both the RN & RAN. Last 31 years in Boats, all Oberons, last few years involved it Tests & Trials on NU Ship Collins.

Latest Threads