Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

How long did you serve?

How long did you serve?

• Total voters
And here I was thinking that you were a real Hoccifer and you were a Wavy Navy officer all the time.
You do not deserve the title occifer or even hoccifer, I must remember that in future.

To be fair, he's done more interesting stuff than most regulars.....

And here I was thinking that you were a real Hoccifer and you were a Wavy Navy officer all the time.
You do not deserve the title occifer or even hoccifer, I must remember that in future.

Thanks slim, I shall contemplate that lovely thought the next time I polish my rack of OSMs earned for doing some interesting things in interesting places. That's what a long time part time mil, full time Defence gets you these days (that and a fair few memories of things going bang very nearby).

Maybe it would perhaps be better if you called me a 'wofficer' ?

Thanks slim, I shall contemplate that lovely thought the next time I polish my rack of OSMs earned for doing some interesting things in interesting places. That's what a long time part time mil, full time Defence gets you these days (that and a fair few memories of things going bang very nearby).

Maybe it would perhaps be better if you called me a 'wofficer' ?

No PT I shall continue referring to you as an Occifer, same as the rest of the Hoccifers here, as I said it is a term of endearment and perhaps you are entitled to the same respect as the rest of the bunhouse:):cool:

23 Yrs, 11 months and 4 days (and FWiW 20 yrs on SM pay). Joined at 16 and 27 days, left on 40th birthday.
Art App, Stoker, Mech and rounded it all out by being a Div Chief for the Art Apps and Mechs at Sultan - kind of cyclic really.
Would I do it again? Probably not.
Do I regret it? Again, probably not!

22yrs and out on pensh!
Joined Oct 1971 as a baby MA and left 93 as a PO Doc!
Enjoyed it - but now been out 22 yrs and things have changed!

Sept 1974 to Sept 1998 almost 24 years
JEM, JREM, REM, LREM, LWEM(R), POWEM(R), PROBYPART, POWEA(AD)(SM), CPOWEA (AD)(SM), Civy
Had some laughs, took some shit.
Do it again, in a heart beat as long as it was in the same time frame and not the shit you have to put up with now.

feb 74 to jul 80 enjoyed my time but left to see my kids grow up, think i left at the right time as many changes came along since then, many not for the better.

Latest Threads