How long did you serve?

How long did you serve?

• Total voters
3rd Jan 75 to 5th May 97, more good times than bad, never had a crap shore draft (FOST FMG x2, Yeovilton, CinC Fleet Foxhill, RM Poole x2) and varied sea time (Phoebe, Amazon, Stena Inspector / NP2010, Brave, Herald, NP2010 as leaving gift from Drafty - cheers tw*t!!). Amazing runs ashore, amazing oppos, still in touch with one since 1991 post-Gulf, he got me into playing bad golf....lol!!!! Would I do it again? You bet!!!

I did 36 years all up including Boys' Time in both the RN & RAN. Last 31 years in Boats, all Oberons, last few years involved it Tests & Trials on NU Ship Collins.

You must be one old bugger!!! You've seen most of the Leanders and GMDs come and go, all the gas ships, all the carriers, the Red Plum - you need to write a book, I'll read it. BZ

I served 36 years all up, last 31 all in Oberon Submarines. 10 years in the RN & 21 years in the RAN. Enjoyed every minute of it>

Last edited:
OK I am a Black cat no wait a 'Bagheera' , Oh yeah 'Jack the lad' I have to catch you up !!
Total & counting ..........!
24 yr RN 'skimming' 1976-2001
3yr RNR ' reminiscing & Lords tri service 2001-2004
7 yr RAN does this count? 2004-2011
5 yr RANR ' going around Victoria as RAN, community engagement , Ostraya 2011-to date !

The total is 41 yrs and this W/E I am off to Whittlesea in Victoria to recruit some newbs!!

No No thank you !!!
ps still don't know what I want to do when I grow up !!!
A question my daughter often asks me, I have told her many times growing up is not age dependent, she refuses to hold my hand and skip through the shopping center, and she steps on the cracks in the pavement?

OK I am a Black cat no wait a 'Bagheera' , Oh yeah 'Jack the lad' I have to catch you up !!
Total & counting ..........!
24 yr RN 'skimming' 1976-2001
3yr RNR ' reminiscing & Lords tri service 2001-2004
7 yr RAN does this count? 2004-2011
5 yr RANR ' going around Victoria as RAN, community engagement , Ostraya 2011-to date !

The total is 41 yrs and this W/E I am off to Whittlesea in Victoria to recruit some newbs!!
Sprog