How long between putting your notice to getting out?

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by Allnightin, Oct 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered what typical times people are experiencing at the moment between submitting notice to leave and actually being released.

2. Ive heard you need to give 12 months notice.

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

12 months for me, minus 7 weeks resettlement, 4 weeks terminal and 5 weeks annual leave (I've not used any this year yet!)

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you can't be arsed to look on the various RN websites or look in the RR search facility then why should anyone look for the information for you?!

:roll:

5. Period of Notice IS 12 months, however, if you are in an overborne department and have a job to go to that you MAY lose if you do not get out sooner, then you MAY apply for early release :)

6. Yup, tis true. I just had a member of my division who was due out in Feb '08 after submitting 12 months notice. He had a firm job offer (written), so after raising the necessary paperwork/signals etc I got him squared away to start his new job first week in Oct '07 with him still receiving the Queen's shilling for four weeks after til his termination at end of Oct. He was well happy, being a DO ain't always shite!!!!

7. all the man asked was what "experience" people had, not what the rules and regs were so no need for someone to give him shit, i have known of cases where people have left within 12 months and i for one would be interested to know how, so thanks shipmate

8. Put my notice in at the beginning of July 07 and left the Mob in Aug 07 after 23 years. I was offered a job after sticking CV on internet and submitted 1 year notice via JPA/Captains Requestmen and also submitted for 1 month early release on JPA/Captains Requestmen. I was initially turned down but it did not stop me from getting out in 1 month after pushing harder to leave and discussing taking out legal proceedings. Although I miss the lads it’s the best move I have ever made and don’t regret it. Good Job, excellent pay, no duties – Top Banana

9. I put my request ti transfer to notice engagement on the monday,my oppo who worked in the MSO told me about a signal re accelerated release.Slapped another request in quoting said signal,Wednesday i was walking out of Nelson Gates with a rail warrant!

Might be worth seeing if theres a similar signal floating about.

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

just wondering why my post was removed?
    Answer on a postcard or is life in a blue one?

11. witsend

ninja,,you appear to be the MOD in this forum and online,,,whats the problem?

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

D'oh

Sincere apologies. I was intending posting a reply, thought I pressed "Quote", pressed "Delete" in honest error.

I was going to PM my apologies, hoping you hadn't noticed. [​IMG]

I am sorry mate, my mistake.

13. witsend

No problem, thanks for letting me know or i'd be putting on my boxing gloves,,LMAO

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hate it when that happens- as everyone knows we mods are always perfect!

It's not even as though there's another mod on this forum & I could blame them instead!

15. witsend

haha,,,,just blame it on fireworks, big bang and you got a fright, finger twitch,,,,bloody loud noises at your age,,,hahaha,,,,everyone wants to be a prefect

16. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Works the other way. If you submit your notice the Mob could (and have for a number of people) terminate your employment with months notice. So make sure you are ready to go outside when you clcik the magic button on JPA.

17. I'd interested to know of anyone who got out earlier than 12 months (and how) as I am being held to this despite 26 years service and a job waiting for me.

18. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I've pm'd you Ian.

19. Submitted 18 months notice then the signal came out for the 12 months deal and earlier if non shortage branch.
    Did an interview in hongkers whilst on summer leave and got offered the job.
    Back in Blighty requested early release to be told to feck off and do said 18 months.
    Did 14 months and still joined the company that i had interviewed with.
    Also double pay for 2 months leave/EVT time :thumright: