How long between PJFT and PRNC on average?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SEASPEC101, May 6, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Tags:
  1. Hi all.
    Apologies if this has been covered beforehand, but I am new on this site. I passed my PJFT on Tuesday (3rd May), saving myself 34 seconds. I am just wondering if anybody knows roughly how long the wait is between passing the PJFT and getting a place on the PRNC.
    Thank you

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Your PRNC is not requested until you are allocated an entry date. PRNC must be taken within six months of entry.

Your AFCO will notify you once to have an allocated entry date.

3. Hold fast M96 is the guy who knows a guy on the forum who knows a guy, who knows another guy, who knows a Horse with a mouth , who will be able to give you a better answer

• Like Like x 2
  4. But how long does that usually take Ninja?

5. Put it one way....I passed my PJFT in March and I'm still waiting.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Your careers office will advise you of an anticipated entry date.

Waiting times are just estimates, change monthly and are dependent on vacancies, training places, number of applicants and delays at medical, etc. Currently, for those applying for Sea Spec today, the anticipated wait from test to entry, assuming there are no delays, is about ten months.

7. Thank you both. Good luck Flatcapper83. Never know, might end up on the same PRNC. Are you going in as sea spec as well?

8. Cheers mate hopefully we cross paths at some point!