How long before trainers become the norm in the RN?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They really have far too much time on their hands. What a waste of money that bloody Welsh Assembly is...

"Not permitting trainers might leave less well off parents with no alternative other than to buy non-leather shoes that are not properly fitted and which might lead to severe foot problems in later life."

Im sorry, what a load of sh*t!!
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Trainers can cost far more than a pair of black shoes, it will turn into a fashion willy waving compitition with who's got the most expensive trainers. :roll:
  3. Piss off they should be going the other way and making schools more diciplined not allowing people to come in "Lacost trackies" and them Ugg boots. That will be the next step.
  4. Thingy you know full well that the RN won't follow suit.

The RN, as you well know, is now, and has been for years, run by some Health and Safety advisory commitee in a windowless building somewhere underneath Brussels.

Trainers offer neither Ankle protection or heel-chaff prevention, LET ALONE the dangers beholden due to the laces being thoroughly outside standard pussers steaming bat (take your pick which type) length. Imagine the dangers involved!!

Oh, and they don't have steel toecaps either, although I'm willing to be that some chav or other has a pair of Pringle trainers WITH them somewhere :roll:

5. Lamri, they'll have be banned then, in case they get near an old WW2 mine adrift in the oggin. Magnatism and mines don't mix! :twisted: :biggrin:
  6. Lol thats rediculous.
    Ive only just finished schoold nd i would rather wear shoes then trainers...

And also dont trainers make your feet worse?
    Because they arnt as tough as leather shoes and your feet become weak?

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Topaz, I think you should worry more about your spelling than what you're wearing on your feet! 8O :oops: :wink:
  8. I only spelt a few things wrong!
    It was a half hearted post as im doing college work at the same time =P
  9. sgtpepperband

I thought women were good at multi-tasking?! :bball:
  10. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Please stop there, I just know Lamri's got a response to this! :afro:
  11. Moi ?
  12. Don't worry Topaz.... getting massive blisters on your feet is character forming... stick to those soft trainers! ;) :thumright: ...and don't forget that as the Baby Sailor onboard your first duty is to make tea for your messmates WITHOUT HAVING TO BE ASKED and supply the Jaffa Cakes. Lamri's going to arrange to have you on his watch.... :biggrin:
  13. Fecking TEA!

Anyone who knows me has heard that many a time :D
  14. OK Lamri, Topaz will have to be shiptrained to make you mugs of rum laced hot kye. But don't forget the Jaffa cakes, or Rosie will never speak to you again.... ;)
  15. Unfortunately Topaz will be a bit too late mate. You see, although I have been extended onboard until the end of NEXT January, I have been told by our Cdr E that I have been on the watchbill for long enough(3Yrs) on my last ship and will therefore be going Daywork from this Summer to enable others to be trained up etc that will be taking the ship out of refit after I am gone shoreside (until I go outside) :)
  16. Well said "wet blobby" and most parents say "they have got to have them"
    Up to and beyond £100 now. I still buy my trainers from the local market and I pay no more than £10.
  18. sgtpepperband

Is that why you're single?! 8O :wink:

19. Ooh Thingy you could have shaved your legs mate! :D