How is the RMR viewed by the RM

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kola, Jun 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How the RMR are viewed by serving members of the RM.

I used to be regular Army and we used to feel the TA were quite inferior. Some great blokes but they didn't have the same test structure as us in fitness and other aspects.

The RMR however have to pass the exact same tests at the end of the commando course so for a reserve force there standards are exceptionally high and rightly so.

I'm not trying to start a war here between RM and RMR and understand there will always be good banter (one of the things I miss most about the forces).

I would however appreciate 'honest' and 'constructive' answers from both sides.

2. They are 99 percent really good blokes who are treated the same as everybody else. They might get a bit of stick now and then for being rubber daggers ''Boing!'' But its never malicious or vindictive. They slot in well within the companies and there is no difference between them and the rest of the guys. You tend to find that Rubber daggers always try hard sometimes a little too much haha. Their skills, drills, and fitness are always upto scratch.If you have a Rubber dagger in your troop he will be one of the keenist guys garunteed.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Lance Corporal Marine Croucher RMR is looked upon by most people with great respect.

However some people view the Reserves a bit like this:

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, they are greatly appreciated and respected by those that are actually aware of what they do.