How is everyone else getting along?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by RoverDen, Nov 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone!

I applied to the Navy at the beginning of June. I have yet still to receive confirmation for my FAT date and AIB - my ACLO originally told me I would be looking at the Jan 10 intake, that's looking highly unlikely now! How are others getting on?

My friend who is hoping to join the RAF as a pilot applied mid-July this year and received his confirmation for OASC (their equivalent to the AIB) about 2 months ago.

What the hell is going on - at this rate I won't even get into the April intake!
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Maybe you're gash and we don't want you... :shock:
  3. Simple answer---- You have AIDS
  4. Yes I have AIDS. Good to know we have sensible and mature people on these forums!
  5. Good to know we have good sensible potential officers joining the Royal Navy.
  6. Surely the best thing to do is to get in touch with your ACLO?
  7. Mate, like every one else its just a case of waiting out, you will get use to it once you are in the Navy.
  8. I started the application process over a year ago.

Settled into it like a big comfy chair.

Suggest you grab a cuppa and do the same :thumbleft:
  9. I started my application at the start of October, had my SIFT 2 weeks ago and now waiting for a FAT date.
  10. I'm waiting till August, just got to get used to it really.
  11. Welcome to the Armed Forces.
  12. And you have a friend who is a Crab!!!!
  13. [​IMG]
  14. I stood in New St once waiting for my fat date but the ugly tw*t stood me up, so I can commiserate with you. :wink:
  15. You could always try to better yourself by becoming a tea boy in the army.

16. Better? oh yes better, I thought you said Batter :oops: :wink: