How Global Are We?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by broadside, Nov 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Starter for 10 - I don't want this to compromise OPSEC or PERSEC but I just thought it might be interesting to know what sort of geographical reach we have among RNR posters to RR.

No need to give exact details but general regional information might be entertaining - for example I know that FlagWagger is in Canada and SO2 Seaman is/was in Australia on business.

I am currently in the Middle bit (between Suez and Sri Lanka - is that sufficiently vague for the MODs to accept?)

Where else have we "settled - either long term or short term (but I don't include holidays)
  2. West Yorkshire?
  3. Liverpool - short term.
  4. Pretty far reaching so far then! :roll:

5. PMQ sent...can you check inbox...(might be full)
  6. All responses very welcome - if everyone comes back as being in the UK then so be it - but I suspect that won't be the case
  7. Cornwall - sorry its not more exciting
  8. Don't put yourself down.

I f*cking love Cornwall!!! :w00t:
  9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Given Canada's size, I'll refine this a little more - I'm in the Ottawa Valley in Eastern Ontario about 2 hours up river from Ottawa itself.
    I moved here while on LOA so technically I was actually on the RNR books while living over here, however, staying has meant that while I still post to the RNR forum, I am no longer in the RNR itself. For the 20 or so years that I was active in the RNR I was based in the Midlands (Brum), South East (Brighton), South West-ish (Brizzle) and finally the Midlands (Brum)again.
  10. SO2 Seaman has finished his month-long business trip down under, and is now back in Gloucester!