How does leave work in training?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by the_robmeister, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When your doing your basic training when or if do you have leave? its not something im bothered about its just i have people asking when i may be back next and i really dont have a clue.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You'll get the normal leave periods crimbo/easter/ summer etc that the rest of the establishment get, your training team deserve leave as well... :thumright:

3. For officers it's 2 weeks at Easter, 5 in summer and 3 at xmas, but during that time your expected to do some extra offsite training or something.

4. wet_blobby

I went roofing, but I'm not a rupert.... :thumright:

5. so will i be sent home for easter then? and is it possible to find out when the specific times for leave will be and how long i will get as a rating?
    thanks

6. Just tell them you don't know and that you don't give a shit about leave just yet. :thumright:

7. mid march - and 2 weeks babe xx

8. Thats great, thanks. Im going down on the 24th of Feb so doesnt look like i will be there for long. Any ideas if the Navy will pay for my train ticket home during leave or will i need to buy it myself?

9. Wait and see :thumright:

10. I go down feb 17th, they told us at afco we ll get 2 weeks from march 14th. and yeah we get a warrant! might bump into ya at raleigh :thumright:

11. wet_blobby

When you get to the "wearing of long trousers" stage I'll tell you a good scam about free travel warrants..... :thumright:

As long as SPB aint listening that is... :dwarf:

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't worry - I know 'em already! :oops: :lol:

13. wet_blobby

Bent coppers.......*blobbs saunters off chuntering*.... :p

14. 14th March to 30th March.