How Do You Lose 363 tons of Cash???

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Bergen, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Democrat's inquiry into US waste and fraud in Iraq is in full swing and L. Paul Bremer the US Viceroy in Iraq at the time of the hand-over to an Iraqi government has been squirming in the spotlight.

It has been revealed that in the months leading up to the handover, the USA was anxious to move funds out of the Iraqi Central Bank which it controlled before the new Iraqi government could get it's hands on it. It did so in the biggest transfer of money in Federal Reserve history. A staggering $5.5 billion was loaded on pallets and shipped to Iraq on a fleet of USAF cargo planes. The total weight of the transfer was 363 tons.

None of the money can be accounted for and the US Inspector General in Iraq [who the Republicans had tried to fire] has stated that it is part of an $8.8 billion amount that he cannot account for.

How do you lose 363 tons of cash?? Answers please on a $100 bill.

RM

2. It must have taken an awful lot of sticky fingers to carry that wedge off.

3. Try having a look in the Labour Party Funds, any Yanks had a Honour given to them lately.... :neutral:

4. My Wife would have no problem at all in losing that amount, its probably in her wardrobe.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

For Sale: One Premiership football club in the North West, must be bought by Yanks with dodgy connections... :twisted:

6. Could well have been that e mail I recieved on the lines of my father was killed in plane carsh I right to you you been Jesus man I trust you I sent five million to put in you arcount please send arcount deatills.

This one came from US Booties who found all this cash and need help to liberate it out of Iraq please send account details.

7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Are you sure that wasn't 363 tons of Iraqi currency? It's just that I found a fiver in the street the other day, given the exchange rate that's about right! Who shall I send it to? is there a reward for finding it?

8. Theres loads of Iraqi money on fleaBay!