How do you get rid of water in a submarine?

stupid question i know but i was watching Das Boot, yes i know its just a film, but there was water coming into the sub through the open hatch, how would you get rid of that?

FAA_Freddie said:
stupid question i know but i was watching Das Boot, yes i know its just a film, but there was water coming into the sub through the open hatch, how would you get rid of that?
Don't be so stupid, how would you think?
You dial 999 say "Firebrigade" and they do the rest.
What a bone question.

FAA_Freddie said:
stupid question i know but i was watching Das Boot, yes i know its just a film, but there was water coming into the sub through the open hatch, how would you get rid of that?[/quote

And stupid question No2 -

'Are there windows so you can see the fish?'

IDOITDEEPER said:
janner said:
You put the ballast pump on line and pump from sea to foreward until you lose suction.
Being old fashioned, personally I would pump from Fwd to Sea.

Have a nice day

IDOITDEEPER
Unless it came through the donk shop hatch :wink: Personally I'd just throw teepol in it and then let loose the dabbers and their scotchbrites.

SONAR-BENDER said:
Joe_Crow said:
SONAR-BENDER said:
daffy1 said:
All your bizare questions answered.

subs
It doesn't mention any bleedin' windows! :lol:
You would be amazed at the number of qualified submariners who actually think the answer to that question is 'none'!

I await further discussion with interest...........

Obviously, there are 'some' windows! Shall I start with the bridge windows?
Good start. That's usually my startpoint, as it's usually a dabber officer who make the mistake of thinking there are none. That one makes them either blush and fart, or decry them as 'not really windows'.

Latest Threads