Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you choose between officer and rating roles?

jjake101

How do you actually pick between if your eligible to be either an officer or a rating?

Is it a matter of whether or not you want a leadership role or is there more to it than that?

Alfacharlie

War Hero
How do you actually pick between if your eligible to be either an officer or a rating?

Is it a matter of whether or not you want a leadership role or is there more to it than that?
Education, leadership qualities, your own ambition?
I’m no expert in the officer world, but I reckon this is a good start.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero

How do you choose between officer and rating roles?​

Depends what I'm trying to get done.

More helpfully:
This is about you, as much as the service. Where do your talents lie? Administrative? Technical? What type of thicker and problem solver are you?

There maybe only two possible outputs, but there are an infinite number inputs.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator

How do you choose between officer and rating roles?​

Depends what I'm trying to get done.

More helpfully:
This is about you, as much as the service. Where do your talents lie? Administrative? Technical? What type of thicker and problem solver are you?

There maybe only two possible outputs, but there are an infinite number inputs.
Thicker you are, more chance of officer ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS On International Students Day, UK Immigration minister says to Pakistani scholars: Choose the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Choose your own Analysis Adventure MoD News 0
couper172 Passed RT with higher score, not sure what to role to choose Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl scientists inspire more women to choose STEM careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD choose The Royal British Legion to lead help for veterans MoD News 0
K i decided to choose Royal Navy Naval Airman The Fleet Air Arm 23
kosta433 not sure what to choose? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
stan_the_man If you had to have a disease what would you choose Diamond Lil's 59
soleil Mail: Gov Refuses To Axe Dickensian Rules Forcing Army Widows To Choose Love/Pension Finance & Pensions 28
L Do you choose your job? The Gash Barge 44
stan_the_man You can choose your friends but not your family Diamond Lil's 42
trelawney126 Dutch choose 2024 World Cup Team The Gash Barge 0
B Why Choose the Royal Marines? The Corps 16
whitemouse What nationality would you choose to be if...... Diamond Lil's 37
soleil Times: "Pirates choose wrong target - a French warship" International 13
D What branch should I choose? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
N WHICH CAREER SHOULD I CHOOSE?? HELP I MUST KNOW BY FRIDAY Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 66
Navy_Wolf1987 Career in Navy -help to choose branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 95
G No idea which to choose out of these trades!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Garry17 PLEASE Help me choose my Job Have recieved options Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
NotmeChief Scammed by a Russian or a Nigerian - know which one I choose The Quarterdeck 9
golden_rivet which 3 or 4 would you choose? The Quarterdeck 19
ProudNavyWife(tooBe) What branch should I choose Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
F Who would you choose to have in for Christmas meal?? 3 only! Diamond Lil's 34
O Why did everyone choose to join the Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 79
babba I just cant choose. Can you help. Diamond Lil's 6
Gazza82 Choose ship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Choose your side The Gash Barge 0
C God knows what job to choose,RN site has lil info... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS Overspeeding trains between Laurencekirk and Portlethen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 15/2020: Near miss between a passenger train and cars at Norwich Road level crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Correspondence between Rt Hon Ed Davey MP and Lord Evans, Chair CSPL MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Communique for the Meeting between HH Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and PM Boris Johnson MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Seeking a deeper and broader partnership between the United Nations and African Union MoD News 0
A BRNC: Is there a break between Militarisation and Marinisation? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Normalising relations between Israel and its neighbours and pushing forward and Israeli-Palestinian peace process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Carlsberg and Marston’s given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation to deliver stronger seamless links between HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Troika Statement on the Peace Agreement between the Government of Sudan and Sudanese Opposition Groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ASEAN Chairman's statement of the open-ended Troika virtual meeting between ASEAN Foreign Ministers and the Foreign Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 08/2020: Collision between mobile elevating work platforms, Rochford, Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Operation Stack activated on coast bound M20 between junctions 8 and 9 in Kent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Bids: Promoting Societal Links between Gaza & West Bank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greater voice for rail passengers in new collaboration between government and East Midlands transport leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Securing peace between Israel and the Palestinians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Visa and Plaid given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FOI requests received by the VMD between 1 January to 30 June 2020 MoD News 0
slim Difference between Aussies and BLM brigade. Diamond Lil's 9