How do i prepare for raleigh?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by joeG, Aug 16, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello im entering raleigh in one month and i was wondering is there anything to work on before i get there? ive practiced ironing, sit ups, press ups, running and swimming but is there anything else that i should work on over the next 30 days?
  2. Just get your head right for it. Its going to be hard, but thousands have done it.Keep a sense of humour in any adversity,and work as a team. Good Luck.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Keep your mouth shut, learn to blend in with the rest of your colleagues, give your all and you'll be fine. If that's not enough then there's not much else you could do.
  4. Read Jackspeak :)
  5. I'm over half way through Raleigh now and I can only suggest learn not to scratch... but you will learn the hard way... learn to hate the words: "IMF" "Camp Sprint" along with many others. Don't be the guy that complains about how bad the custard is at scran everyday when it curdles over your sponge.

When someone asks for volunteers put your hand up because the chances are they are going to ask who didn't put there hand up and you'll be down for press ups.

If your DI is a Marine, good luck.

Do pull ups or better yet if you can get to a rope, climb it. You start doing them pretty early on.

If you're good a kit you should be fine because these 10 weeks is basically 70% kit maintenance.

All joking aside, good luck if you have any questions feel free to shoot them and I'll try my best to answer them.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Get used to doing what you are told -
    I suggest, each time your parents speak to you from now on, stand upright and shout "Yes, Staff"
  7. Is this Scouse JoeG? Welcome to navy net lad if I've got the right dude... It's submariner btw
  8. yes jonno!!
    sounds good lads whats this maths and english test about what type of stuffs on it?
  9. Maths English test? Do you mean the recruitment test?
  10. You do a functional skills test in maths and English. We did ours in week six but I believe that is out of the ordinary and you're supposed to do it much earlier. Not 100% sure however.
    I wouldn't worry about it though, you can redo it as many times as you wish, it feels more of a practice test than anything serious.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  11. I done my functional skill test much earlier on than that. What division are you in?
  12. is there also a naval history one?