How do I do ......? Problems using the site software?

lepp173

Midshipman
THEONLYGASMAN said:
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY DOESTHE SITE LIST ME AS A MIDSHIPMAN????? I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO CHANGE IT. IT JUST MADE ME A MIDDY ALL ON ITS OWN. I WORK FOR A LIVING NOW AND I DID WHEN I WAS WORKING ON PUSSERS GREY WAR CANOES. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE IT TO CHIEF STOKER. I AM INSULTED BEING A MIDDY.
Well, being brand new to the site I am listed as having been in the Navy. Never was..I am a former American paratrooper, Ranger, Spec. Forces. I know you guys still have paras in your service..How do I find them and get this corrected..Thank you..

lepp173 said:
Well, being brand new to the site etc etc.....Thank you..

Greetings Mr USA Leper #173, sir,

So - You joined RR on Nov 12, 2009 and, the very next day (at 7.01 pm) you come barging in: giving us some grief for ‘being a little tough on this dude’ (aka Outside) as well as telling us all about your cheapo booze, smokes and your war zone PTSD………

Then, at 11.34 pm, on that same day, Fri 13th you tell us:

<<Well, being brand new to the site I am listed as having been in the Navy. Never was..
I am a former American paratrooper, Ranger, Spec. Forces.
I know you guys still have paras in your service.. How do I find them and get this corrected..Thank you.. >>

Mmmmmmmm, and a deep breath………….

Bold Mr Leper~173, sir; here are a few points for your consideration:

‘Get this corrected?’

RR is an unofficial RN/RM site, but being a public site there is nowt to stop any Joe/Jane Soap/Doe from visiting and posting/posing. If they DO join RR then they become subject to some quaint rules: Hence you have become a Cyber - ‘Middy’ upon signing up; until your postings should mount up enough to gain you further advancement. Any RR joiner should consider that an honour, especially as one cannot get any lower than that in the real RN. (Even the RN ‘Ordinary Seaman’ rate has now been dispensed with)

So; ‘how to get this corrected?’ Computer says no. Cannot happen – Live with it or ship out, no Diplomatic Immunity here, mon vieux.

‘Find Them?’

If you dropped in here only looking for fellow ‘Paras’, I must assume that you mean the Paratroopers of the British Army Parachute Regiment and their associated Airborne Forces. In that case you will have to Google and use your ‘Ranger, Special Forces’ skills to seek them out elsewhere. (Some of our RM & RN brethren at RR do indeed hold a parachute qualification, but that ‘tis not their only or main role). A Clue – Try ARRSE. Too.

Our Chum ‘Outside’?

Whatever ‘Outside’ is we are all learning daily but slowly. An impecunious, stressed-out, ex-slop-jockey, recovering alcoholic, left-footed, house-bound, Paddy’ he might be - but he at least he is OUR ‘dude’: To treat with disrespect as we treat all at RR – a cynical banter of walt-aversive Jackspeak, seasoned by only a rare element of genuine advice/sympathy.
What to do about his/your PTSD? Why not contact him direct for a private chat through PMs & swap PTSD dits?

Finally, do stay on RR if you wish; but I cannot help wondering if Mr Leper#173 has para-dropped into the wrong landing zone…….

Regards from Bob

PS You have also dropped into a rather unused and old thread here. The Forum MOD has not posted here for yonks and is probably inactive now – ‘Nuff said.

DannyW

MIA
Type a word

Then go back, highlight the word with your mouse

Then click the icon at the top that looks like the earth with a chain link on top

Enter your url here

8)

Drakey

War Hero
DannyW said:
Type a word

Then go back, highlight the word with your mouse

Then click the icon at the top that looks like the earth with a chain link on top

Enter your url here

8)

DW.

Thanks. Just tried it and it worked. It has been puzzling me for ages. I've learned something new today so it hasn't been wasted, and it's only 1015.

Merlin28

War Hero
Can you add your own signature I have used the

cúnto

Lantern Swinger
Merlin28 said:
Can you add your own signature I have used the bb code but it doesn't seem to work as you can see below ta da.[/quote]

So far, I see that there is a space at the end of the address before the close quotes. Try deleting that first.

Merlin28

War Hero
cúnto said:
Merlin28 said:
Can you add your own signature I have used the bb code but it doesn't seem to work as you can see below ta da.[/quote]

So far, I see that there is a space at the end of the address before the close quotes. Try deleting that first.[/quote]

Thanks what a stupid error to make never mind cheers.

Piperpete

Hi shipmates, I’m brand new to the site and am having snags finding my way round.
Is there a how to section? How to post, start threads, reply. I can’t even suss out how to place a new user intro.

Latest Threads