How did this happen?

P-38

Midshipman
I completed my recruitment process back last February. I'm signed up as a warfare speclalist. I was told that I was due for HMS Raleigh in September but now their telling me January. This would mean that I'v been waiting for 11 months! Can someone tell me how the hell this happend?

Same here, I changed to my application submarine engineer last week, in the interview he said September, got a call an hour later saying January.

P-38 why don't you ask your recruiter then tell us.

Only 2 peeps on here work at AFCOs so how the hell can the rest of us answer your question. (Although the answer is really quite obvious) :roll:

P-38

A revised list of waiting times was issued to AFCOs very recently; it showed an increase in waiting times for many branches and unfortunately WS was one of them - an increase of 5 months.

I'm afraid that, if you are waiting to start Basic, you are still subject to changes in the waiting times, even though you might have completed the recruiting process months ago; you won't be the only candidate who has recently had his/her start date put back.

The dates given by the CAs are only provisional and based on the information they have to hand on that particular day.

StixJimboRM said:
I wouldn't worry too much, there haven't been any rumours recently about the Navy being closed down anytime soon - it'll still be there when you eventually join up!
Are you quite certain of that,stranger things happen at sea! :lol:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
StixJimboRM said:
I wouldn't worry too much, there haven't been any rumours recently about the Navy being closed down anytime soon - it'll still be there when you eventually join up!
You obviously haven't been reading the article in today Mail, author suggests that to balance the defence budget books the Trident update should be cancelled and the Nuc. deterrant handed to the Crabs, no new Carriers and cancel the 6? new Destroyers

StixJimboRM said:
Without doubt mate, the NAAFI manager was only telling me today about the deployments and operations that will be going on into 2011!!!! It's all true you know
But has it been verified by the local taxi drivers?