How can my son become an F35B AET?

mikh

MIA
Did a favour for Drafty when at Faslane, got told they would do me one back, so I asked for a 42 out of Rosyth early. got a 22 out of guzz, but it was early out of turn. Did them another favour when on the 22, asked for a 42 out of rosyth, preferably in refit or at least 6 months based in UK waters (was on the way back from the Gulf and intended to propose to the GF) got a 42, Liverpool, going into refit, perfect, planned to propose when I got home on leave, day before I am due to get home, SO calls me into the office, sorry Scribes Liverpool is cancelled, you have got the Glasgow, and er, well she is due a Gulf patrol!!!! Ended up proposing on the Flight Deck of the Glasgow on our return from the Gulf

Sumo

War Hero
Did a favour for Drafty when at Faslane, got told they would do me one back, so I asked for a 42 out of Rosyth early. got a 22 out of guzz, but it was early out of turn. Did them another favour when on the 22, asked for a 42 out of rosyth, preferably in refit or at least 6 months based in UK waters (was on the way back from the Gulf and intended to propose to the GF) got a 42, Liverpool, going into refit, perfect, planned to propose when I got home on leave, day before I am due to get home, SO calls me into the office, sorry Scribes Liverpool is cancelled, you have got the Glasgow, and er, well she is due a Gulf patrol!!!! Ended up proposing on the Flight Deck of the Glasgow on our return from the Gulf
See what happens when you volunteer :D ;)

soleil

War Hero
That last bit sounds quite romantic! How many women can say that they have been proposed to on a Flight Deck!

It's something you would always remember.

Sumo

War Hero
There you go - talking money again!!

:D
no point really married submarines have family to spend our dosh , when we is away, that's why subbies was good cash in hand, also took her over 20 years to realise I had a separate bank account ;)

Waspie

War Hero
no point really married submarines have family to spend our dosh , when we is away, that's why subbies was good cash in hand, also took her over 20 years to realise I had a separate bank account ;)
A friend of mine used to tell his wife about subbies but calmed his wife down by telling her not to worry, he'd pay it !!!!! (Clever lad).
Sadly my wife never bought that one!!

Sumo

War Hero
A friend of mine used to tell his wife about subbies but calmed his wife down by telling her not to worry, he'd pay it !!!!! (Clever lad).
Sadly my wife never bought that one!!
One of ours was daft enough to leave his pay slip, whats this SSP (submarines pay), quick as a flash he says don't worry I take care of that and make sure its paid? Unfortunately when getting divorced, the truth was pointed out , stand by messy process?

mikh

MIA
Wanted to add a bit, joined the 22 (Battleaxe) too late to arrange for her to join me for station leave in Penang, which was just as well, as the Gulf kicked off and we sailed early, almost had the same problem on the Glasgow but one of the Wafu's pointed me in the direction of a travel firm in Portland that was run by Ex RN and that they would see me in the right direction, so when got 2 weeks in Singers out of it, Hotel was not quite as good as the one arrange by the ship, but it cost us a few hundred less than the rest of the ships co paid to get their WAGs out :) and I believe she had a better flight. Point of the story is even WAFU's have a use at time (got that Waspie :) )

mikh

MIA
If he was just back from a jolly, obviously an empty wallet, he was a skimmer, no subbies.
Very empty wallet and bank account, money started to haemorrhage very early in the trip. weekend in Gib ended up as two weeks due to breakdown, that one cost me a small fortune, with absolutely nothing to show for it apart from some truly epic hangovers and very few memories

Sumo

War Hero
Very empty wallet and bank account, money started to haemorrhage very early in the trip. weekend in Gib ended up as two weeks due to breakdown, that one cost me a small fortune, with absolutely nothing to show for it apart from some truly epic hangovers and very few memories
should have bee only one hangover, after you left :) ;)
On one jolly one of our dabbers woke up in the tiller flat with a sentry next to him he said where are we (ship moving) 3 days at sea was his answer. Thinks a bit and says am I in the shit, yep after you have cleaned the shit and other stuff up, the Joss wants a word? Gib just did strange things to people.

Sumo

War Hero
Still going strong 28 years later as well Sol
Didn't have a flight deck so did the ring thingy on a zebra crossing on Mutely Plain on a busy Saturday, stopped traffic for a bit, that was over 40 years ago, these days couldn't even get on to my knee?

Taztiff

War Hero
Didn't have a flight deck so did the ring thingy on a zebra crossing on Mutely Plain on a busy Saturday, stopped traffic for a bit, that was over 40 years ago, these days couldn't even get on to my knee?
Torpoint Ferry, she was nagging.

Sumo

War Hero
Couldn't get away. No way was I swimming in that filth.
To be honest, I had completely forgotten about the Mutely Plain thingy, until years later she was telling a friend how excited and totally mortified embarrassed she was as everyone at that time was looking at her, and when she said yes a big cheer went up, I must have been pissed. :rolleyes:

Stirlin

War Hero
Not prepared to take a knee ? , you racist bastard . :D

Sumo

War Hero
Not prepared to take a knee ? , you racist bastard . :D
can't race any more knackard knees;), not very racy these days. One of my grandsons, where are we going, why, so he can walk at his pace get there and wait for me, says he cannot walk that slow?:(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Rotherham man who stabbed mother in front of young son jailed for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Son of pharmacy owner sentenced for dealing wholesale medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mother banned for allowing disqualified son to run company MoD News 0
soleil Aberdeen Press & Journal: "Commemoration Arranged For Royal Marine Hero And His Son In Beauly" 26/01/20 The Corps 2
MoD_RSS Father and son cleaning company bosses disqualified for 18 years MoD News 0
B Son started at HMS Raleigh today Nearest & Dearest 0
MoD_RSS News story: Father and son dramaticaslly rescued from cliff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Mother and son restaurateurs banned for under-declaring tax MoD News 0
T Son passed out of Raleigh last week Joining the Royal Navy 5
K How do I post an item to my son at HMS Raleigh. Joining the Royal Navy 5
Trainer Euromillions Winner Does not have to subsidise ex Naval Officer Son Current Affairs 58
A No contact with son at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 133
S Anyone's son at Raleigh this week? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
R Need some help for my son Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Z Son joining Hms Raleigh shortly Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 64
U My son just started raliegh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
F I'Ve got a son Diamond Lil's 2
N Step Son Applying For Weapons Engineer Role Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
K Son is joining in March 2014 Bases / Shore Est 2
H Son Failed RT Maths any Tutor experiances. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
W Unhappy son at Culdrose The Fleet Air Arm 128
K Getting pressy to son for xmas without him knowing The Quarterdeck 7
trelawney126 Hamas son get 11 years for heist. Diamond Lil's 18
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "Gosport dad and son team up in warzone" Current Affairs 1
sgtpepperband Dad to walk 100 miles in memory of Marine son Charity 3
G Won a gong? Then get skating son. Diamond Lil's 36
P Hello everyone, my son is starting basic training. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Hermes_R12 SDSR: Sea Harrier - Sharkey Ward Speaks up for his son. Current Affairs 10
scouse Son of a very very famous FAA VC Recipient The Fleet Air Arm 0
K Son on deployment needs prescription glasses from UK asap Current Affairs 18
dabbzie why do you want to be in the Navy son? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 70
soleil Times: Lottery winner's son (RM) to go to Helmand as planned The Corps 6
soleil "Hero Marine helps son enjoy Christmas" The Corps 2
T Every mum wants WAFOO for a son and SEAMAN for her daughter Diamond Lil's 4
Squirrel David Cameron's son dies Current Affairs 1
D Son has been backclassed at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
R Info required, son going for his Psychometric test. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
NotmeChief Son of Norman - Nails the nobber. Diamond Lil's 6
B Mother Takes Son's Ashes To Court Current Affairs 5
T Son interested in joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
sgtpepperband Mum flies out to join son on front line The Corps 11
H Whale Wars son of Cod Wars ? Current Affairs 20
finknottle Fortunate Son The Corps 4
brazenhussy Son's note to his father. Diamond Lil's 5
ukdaytona Idi Armins Son Is Alive And Well In London The Quarterdeck 2
ukdaytona Councillor weds Bin Laden's son Current Affairs 10
slim Blair's second son to be a teacher in tough inner-city schoo Diamond Lil's 10
brazenhussy MUM LAUGHS AS SON, 13, SITS IN DOCK The Quarterdeck 5
slim Soldier son battles deportation Current Affairs 10
G 'Son' of Trident. Submariners 2