How big is the T45???

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Guns, May 10, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Well compare it with the T22. 13685_653104581484333_8713713481899570817_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be fair, the one on the left is an Airfix 1:72, the one on the right an Airfix 1:144.

I heard recently that they cannot get a Merlin helicopter in a T45 hangar anymore because it's jam packed full with London buses, Olympic sized swimming pools, football pitches, Nelson's Column & a partridge (in a pear tree) ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

...and sausages, another measure of things naval.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. This was the diagram we used to use at T45 Filton to illustrate the difference in size

T45 v T45.png

6. Er sonar, that's a 23 under the 45 not a 22 (batch 1)

7. I presume those are outriggers on the back of the boat. Good idea for decent game fishing.

I wonder why they reduced the number of dhobey lines and why the small boat doesn't have any socks hanging from them?

8. Bear in mind that the Greenhalgh is Broadsword which was / is a batch 1 22, T23s are very slightly bigger in all respects so it's pretty relevant when comparing size.

9. Typo?

10. What's an 'n' between friends! :)

11. Well spotted!
    a) I'm a sundodger
    b) I said in post #5 that was the vu foil / Power Point used at Filton and Scabbywood to show the size difference!

Anyhow, as in a).......... great target!!