How bad is the PRNC???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mich22mdd, Jan 19, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I've got my PRNC in March, Any tips and hints on how to get through it would be greatly appreciated.

What should I expect?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mod Edit: Moved to the "Joining Up - RN Recruiting" section. (Although I would advise the OP to use the "Search" function in the top right corner, as this question has been done to death already, and all the relevant information is available on here already) :thumbleft:

3. OMM

OMM War Hero

It's like a 3 day trip to butlins.... But a little nicer.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

"How bad" speaks volumes, I'm afraid.

It's only bad, as in my version of "bad", not the gangsta "bad" (meaning: rather good, actually), if the attendee is a complete hoop and arrives unable to match their PJFT treadmill pass as a road run, has eaten loads of pies since the medical examination and/or can't claw their way through 50 metres of oggin without drowning.

Otherwise it's rather good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nina, seeing as it is not PC to have 'failures' these days, why not just pass them all by post (or text/e-mail!) then let them find out the hard way.

Like wot most of the regular posters did.

Innit.

6. Ninja_Stoker

If the 1.5 mile run or swim is failed on the PRNC, the provisional offer of service is withdrawn. It happens every single week.

7. You gota wonder havnt you?

8. So, is it like wicked or really, really bad dude?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ..Bitchin!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I did mine last week, it was bloody easy. Don't fidget during PT and you'll be fine, providing you have maintained your fitness since your PJFT and you can swim. We only had one person fail and that's because she thought she could walk a mile and a half if the time permitted.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ream. That's what it is, ream.

Not the ream that Writers do to each other each afternoon when they close the UPO for "training".

12. OMM

OMM War Hero

Showing your age now Ninja. It's spelt reem ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Not in the context that Nina is using it!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I heard it was 'sick' - not sure if that's in a good way or a vomit inducing way. Innit blood.

15. Ninja_Stoker

Obviously you've not yet stumbled into a UPO of an afternoon.;)

16. OMM

OMM War Hero

Ah, I see.

Eewwww

• Like Like x 2
  17. No Wickd makes me very socially confused and do 7 Dwarfs impressions. (who had the idea of Iron Bru and Alcohol in the same bottle)

18. Is prnc compulsory?

19. Nope, you can please yourself whether you attend or not. But non-attendance may mean disappointment regarding any future employment in HM Services.

• Like Like x 3