How are you selected for SF?

I want to go SF eventually but I have no-idea about how I would express my interest or be selected once I have passed the commando course.

If the information in question is sensitive, then I apologise and I will remove this post.

Transfer to the RN, volunteer for submarines, earn your dolphins - I see the Submarine Service is now officially classed as "special forces" on the RN Website. :)

Married_to_the_Corps said:
I want to go SF eventually but I have no-idea about how I would express my interest or be selected once I have passed the commando course.

If the information in question is sensitive, then I apologise and I will remove this post.
How far are you into your CDO course?? I suggest you concentrate on that before considering anything else as you technically need to serve 2 years GD before applying. I have seen guys go SF before this but this was in the mid 1990's and i believe this has changed.

As i said get your
lid first

Good point, I suppose i'm being rather over ambitious here...
I shall endevour to earn my green death. :thumright:

Just another quick one though... Isn't the RM regarded offically as a special force?

Just another quick one though... Isn't the RM regarded offically as a special force?
With a reply like this it is clear to me that you know very little about what the RM does. As i said before do the hard work first before endevouring to apply for anything else

CareerRecruit said:
...he went from the commando course to SB selection with out the 3 years GD dont think it ever happend since then though...
I think he is too old to be the young lad who I heard of, seemed a bit shy and introverted to the rest of his fellow trainees, though well liked. Fast forward a couple of years, and he is seen at Poole, cutting about with the SBs.

quote]

Your shortest route is:
Phase 1, Phase 2, Continuation Trg, 6 month Operational Tour somewhere dusty and dangerous then complete a GRF for your Det Cdr and wait out. Total elapsed time until you attempt SF Selection - probably 18 months to two yrs after you get your "green death". You will be given a short and succint response if you try to do it any other means

montfish

Lantern Swinger
you need to have done 3 yrs service, so eddie stone told me. seems like flogging a dead horse, but i'd concentrate on passing training first

After re-reading i've realised that I must come across as rather mouthy so my apologies for the "green death" comment, and also thanks for the swift kick *********** concerning this subject... consider my neck wound in. :oops:

Also many thanks to those who offered advice.