How are you linked to the Military?

How are you linked to the military?

• Total voters
Evening all, first time poster so bear with if i drop any clangers :0)

I am Ex army of 17 years with my Daughter in her 1st year as a matelot (god bless her x)
went to sea first time today. Any advice or pointers for conflicting emotion overload welcome - is there even a thread deals with this?
Anyway, I would like to say its good to have found this place and hopefully it will be a regular stop off for me as time permits,

wishing all a pleasant evening/weekend. Toodle pip :0)

Evening all, first time poster so bear with if i drop any clangers :0)

I am Ex army of 17 years with my Daughter in her 1st year as a matelot (god bless her x)
went to sea first time today. Any advice or pointers for conflicting emotion overload welcome - is there even a thread deals with this?
Anyway, I would like to say its good to have found this place and hopefully it will be a regular stop off for me as time permits,

wishing all a pleasant evening/weekend. Toodle pip :0)
Welcome aboard Perce, there's a couple of brown jobs who lurk on here as matter fact.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
You speask with forked tongue WreckerL. You know fine well that no upright, suave, good looking and modest members of Her Majesty's brilliant Army are posting on this site as they are banned from Rum Ration. :)

I didn't know they were banned. That's outrageous. Bring back the pongo 2 I say. Where's those bus keys when you need them.

I'm not a happy bunny now.

I've got my red flag (with the crowny thing and the crossed swords [whatever else?]) ready mate. Marching to Whitehall now. I'll pick you up in about two hours - depending on ferries.

wet_blobby

War Hero
It is my sad duty to inform you that Blackrat has suffered severe rectum trauma and has been unable to post on here for a while.

He was enjoying a quiet bit of "me" time which involved stuffing a broom handle up his arsse whilst stroking the pet donkeys penis. The said donkey got a little bit excited and grabbed the head of the broom and shook it about violently, unfortunately the handle was still firmly entrenched up Blackrats anus. Although Blackrat was used to large objects up his back passage this proved even rougher than a wren with lipstick on.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Welcome aboard Perce, there's a couple of brown jobs who lurk on here as matter fact.

:0) Cheers for that, brief me- whats the Perce bit about?

Nice to be aboard anyway, not as much a stranger to things Navy as might first be thought, my Dad was RN and then Army. 3 brothers were all RN over the years, all of us are out now. I am sure in the whole of the forum there are more "pongoes" about but just not putting their hand up as it were.

:0) Cheers for that, brief me- whats the Perce bit about?

Nice to be aboard anyway, not as much a stranger to things Navy as might first be thought, my Dad was RN and then Army. 3 brothers were all RN over the years, all of us are out now. I am sure in the whole of the forum there are more "pongoes" about but just not putting their hand up as it were.
Percy Pongo a.k.a. Perce

Percy Pongo a.k.a. Perce
That makes perfect sense seeing it in front of me, I should have figured that one out - its been a long weekend :0)

I have neen watching closely as my girl went through Raleigh and then Collingwood and met a few of her Training Staff and had some interesting chats, I think we are all pretty much the same humour wise whichever mob we come from, its just the terminology that differs, I can see a steep learning curve ahead in that respect.

My littlun is all "Drips" this and "Dit's" that and "Divisions" and "Rounds" and "Colours" and we have all the same kinda thing with different names and timings. Different sides of the same coin ,although I must accept your collective claim to seniority as a service, credit where it is due.

Its nice to talk to folk in a different coloured suit :0) I am hoping as time goes by that the old salts on here can fill in the gaps that my daughter cant yet as she is on a fairly steep learning curve herself and dont have all the answers. Anyway, I had better shoot and get kit ready for work tomorrow, thanks for the answers thus far WreckerL . Apologies for this Magnum Opus.

Dad is serving RN, Aunt and Uncle are ex army
Granddad #1 is ex RN Granddad #2 is ex-army

and Hopefully I'll be joining the RFA to then go into the RN later down the line!

Why don't you apply for RN now then and save yourself the rigmarole of the RFA application?
Because I wanted to join as an Officer, then released I was a bit of a dipshit in college and didn't get the necessary qualifications!

Which the good kind RFA will give to me! providing I get in, I figured it to be the best of both worlds, naval experience, a life at sea(ish) all whilst gaining a degree all paid for!