HOW ABOUT THIS THEN!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rumrat, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a pass it on eMail I have just received from an old oppo.

Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they
    wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to
    request that
    they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their
    support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war,
    nor anyone in it,
    and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT
    buying any of their products!

I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be
    very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support
    the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.
    Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again
    when I deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard Wright,
    1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire
    fighters and
    rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for
    the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES
    IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK , and there's no doubt
    that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let
    us do our
    bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions
    are

2. Starbucks kunts!

3. Hoax, started about 5 years ago. and since when did Royal have a Recon Coy?

Snopes

4. As Karma said, old hat. I seem to remember Starbucks refuting it at the time and sending coffee out there or something like that.

5. A bit like 'DUREX' and 'KY JELLY' sending samples of their products out to the Gary Glitter Appreciation Club (Praia de luz Branch) . Fukking kids...don't know what the little fukkers are carrying these days....

6. HOAX seem to remember this starting 4or5 years .Then it was some usmc platoon or other with a Sargent as the main character

7. The Truth
    TruthOrFiction.com contacted Starbucks about the story.

Starbucks says they contacted the originator of the email, Sgt. Howard Wright, and talked with him about his complaint.
    He has now sent a follow-up email to his email list, which appears below.

Starbucks assured him of their support of the military and that the only reason any coffee was not donated was because the official Starbucks donation policy authorizes such gifts to officially designated public charities, including libraries and schools, and that the U.S. military or military personnel do not qualify.
    It was not meant to be a comment on the war or the service of military personnel in the war.
    The company said that there have been employees that have showed their support through donations of coffee.
    Starbucks told us that many of the company's employees (called "partners" by Starbucks) receive one pound of free coffee each week and some of that coffee has gone to members of the military or related organizations.
    For example, the employees in the Starbucks in Atascadero, California, decided to send their weekly free coffee to troops in Afghanistan and there are other such stories about Starbucks coffee finding its way into the hands of military personnel.

Here is Sgt. Wright's follow-up email after Starbucks spoke with him:

Dear Readers,

Almost 5 months ago I sent an e-mail to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thing that needs to be cleared up. I heard by word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many copies of their company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick and wrong letter that I sent out to you.

Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

Howard C. Wright

Sgt USMC

1st Force Rcon Co

1st Plt PLT RTO

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm

8. It's true I tell ya!

Elvis told me at the same time he told me about MacDonalds funding the IRA.

9. Hoax or not, I boycotted the shit hole years ago for selling shit, over priced coffee and ripping off the people who grow the stuff.

10. Yank Marine gobbing off? Never!! :wink:

11. I'm more concerned with the new Mayor of Doncaster who on the radio claimed that he opposed that staging of any parades that represented only part of the community. He is opposing council taxpayers money being used to help fund a gay pride march in Doncaster. However he made clear that he opposes ALL parades that do not represent the whole population. Looks like Doncaster's Remembrance Day parade will be stopped this year unless the parade organizers can get the money together to pay the policing costs for traffic diversions and security! :pissedoff: looks like the English Democrat Mayor may have to retract! :roll:

12. Ohhhh tut tut Sgt, I now have your address mwaaaahahahaahahahaaha

13. Remembrance Day is representative of the whole population. We are remembering soldiers, sailors, airmen, WRACs, WRENs, WRAFs, FANYs, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, atheists, English, Welsh, Welch, Scots, Irish, Belgians, Norwegians, Poles, Czechs, Indians, Africans, Asians, Aussies, Kiwis, Canadians, Septics, blacks, whites, browns, yellows, Heteros, LGBT, asexuals, and more.