Hospital waiting list, will this affect joining navy?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Tolous1985, Mar 30, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, Im currently going through recruitment ptoecedure and before I do the royal navy test, fitness and the medical. I just want to know if they will let me join If Im on a waiting list for going to the toilet more than usual. This probably happened because I had a water and chest infection and the doctor said I would be fine after the anti-biotics. I asked just incase to be seen by a eurologist and I was put on a waiting list and now I forgot because as soon as the water infection went my toilet visita became normal. Because I am or was on a waiting list, will they reject me even though I have been fine for 5 months after? Please message back, most appreciated.

2. You really are taking the piss.

3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

People ask "Why? Why do they call him angrydoc?"

The defence rests.

4. Here's an idea; since you've been fine for five months, cancel the appointment. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thats probably the stupidest thing i've ever read!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm not suggesting this occurred in this case but one thing I've learned through working in recruiting is the reason why the NHS is forever struggling.

People seem to visit their GP for reassurance over trivial issues, often because they want time off, want a diagnosis, and are apparently only satisfied if they get a prescription and a "label". They do this because "everybody else does it". No, they don't.

Once they have a "label" it very often gives them some sort of social advantage (extra time in tests, an ongoing excuse to be excused from school/work, financial income if it is classed as a 'disability').

When it bites them in the arse and the "label" prevents them getting something they want, such as joining the forces, they suddenly find the glue on the "label" is not quite so easy to remove. They then set about trying to prove their Doc was a complete imbecile and misdiagnosed them, totally at random and then set about wasting everyone else's time and money trying to prove: "I was only feeling down when my dog died, it wasn't depression", "my Mum kept getting me inhalers as a precaution, it was never asthma, it was a chest infection", "It wasn't ADHD, I was just an ******** at school - my Dad wanted the Benefits money", "it wasn't shin splints, it was just growing pain" etc.

No wonder angrydoc is angry, it hugely pisses me off too. Pardon the pun.

• Like Like x 5
  7. To sum up, if I may. You're an idiot.

8. Bit harsh.

I find most of Ninja's comments very helpful.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Here's one that really, really hacked me off, very, very recently:

I received a phonecall from one of the four RN/RM new entry training establishments. I was told that there was a recruit that joined via "my" AFCO that was being medically discharged, day two.

The individual rocked-up with an epipen. Not only was the person surprised to learn that they were being sent home, the individual then claimed they had told everyone in the AFCO about the allergy, shown the careers staff the epipen, declared it on their medical questionnaire and again during the medical examination.

Entirely plausible, except it was not declared on the medical questionnaire ("Oh, that must be the other one, the AFCO lost the first one"), nor was it declared at the medical examination ("The Doctor is lying") and nor were any of our AFCO staff remotely aware of his serious medical condition. ("They definitely were").

On top of this, we were advised the individual was very disappointed and has stated a complaint will be lodged. Needless to say, there was a consensus of opinion.

I sincerely hope the cretin who was discharged is reading this...

10. Can the country be so full of brainless idiots Ninja?

Going for a job that requires Courage, Commitment, Discipline, Respect, Integrity and Loyalty . To break those before you even join is quite incredible. Makes you wonder what some people think they are joining.

11. Oh, I think it can Dru, I really do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Not only that, but if s/he needed it administered and no one knew about it then that could be fun...

• Like Like x 1
  13. WTF - you are a sickbay ranger before you have even joined, and you are v v dim asking for tests and investigations you probably don't need. Please do not join because I would fear for you being allowed live ammunition and the tools to use it. Aaaggghhh!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

• Like Like x 1