Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horse Racing Night

I would like to arrange a horse racing night in aid of charity, like the one's we had on the flight deck on board. The trouble is I'm not sure of the procedure for running the tote and 'selling' the horses etc. Can anyone enlighten me?

scouse

War Hero
Depending on the numbers attending, you should make between 400/ 500 pounds for your charity, or club. You pay out to the odds that reflect the money wagered on that particular horse....it is your call, you are in this instance the Bookmaker, and the folks attending are the punters. You can also have another money spinner. Owners for the night,that buy each horse that runs with prize money for the winning owner? Race nights | race night DVD | Starting from £29 (incl.delivery) Race Night Tote Betting Tickets 9 Races Runers 1-8 in 50s: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Last edited:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I would like to arrange a horse racing night in aid of charity, like the one's we had on the flight deck on board. The trouble is I'm not sure of the procedure for running the tote and 'selling' the horses etc. Can anyone enlighten me?

Great first post after 5 years. :lurk:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Extended bankruptcy restrictions for horse racing syndicate owner MoD News 0
soleil RN Website: "Horse Racing Legend Frankie Dettori Visits HMS Ledbury In The Gulf" The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Regulator opens inquiry into Kent-based horse charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS E-seminar: Real-time PCR for food authenticity including horse DNA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Heavy horse helps deliver natural flood management scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Permit variation at Horse Hill oilfield: public consultation open MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Horse power slows the flow in the Aire catchment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Horse researcher jailed for multiple fraud offences MoD News 0
R If you own a horse the BWO has to look after it? UPO 11
skyvet The horse and the donkey ............ Miscellaneous 1
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary hosts Qatari counterpart at historic Horse Guards MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: First World War horse hospital excavation wins prestigious MOD Sanctuary Award MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Beating Retreat - Horse Guards The Corps 2
sgtpepperband Horse Dance-Off The Internet - Best and Worst 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Horse Artillery fire 41-gun salute for Queen's birthday MoD News 1
SONAR-BENDER Geordie horse basher Diamond Lil's 11
F On balance I think I'd prefer horse meat. The Gash Barge 10
trelawney126 Cart before the Horse? Current Affairs 6
Waspie Roll up - Roll up. Get your horse meat 'ear Current Affairs 0
Waspie We may have the horse scandal all wrong!! The Gash Barge 40
scouse Big Sylv has a horse named after him!!!!! Sports and Adventure Training 1
witsend Torjan Horse Hider mpr Bloody Computers 16
soleil Weymouth People: "Navy Touch Up White Horse" The Fleet Air Arm 4
trelawney126 Admiral Lord Boyce Backs the Wrong Horse Current Affairs 1
Indefatigable The Gift Horse Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 5
S Lewd acts with a horse! Diamond Lil's 28
trelawney126 Horse Trading EU Commissioners Current Affairs 1
R Man jailed for having sex with a horse Diamond Lil's 38
T Belize horse....plea for help Diamond Lil's 1
janner Buying a horse The Gash Barge 4
MoD_RSS News story: Layezy Racing Owners Club: information for creditors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Layezy Racing Owners Club: information for creditors MoD News 0
scouse Proper racing comming to Chester!!!!! Sports and Adventure Training 1
Bad CO Good News if You Like Racing - Tickets For Troops Charity 1
S A Loss To Motor Racing Diamond Lil's 4
soleil Centurion Racing invites Headley Ct guys to Superbikes Day Sports and Adventure Training 0
S Motorbike Racing? Sports and Adventure Training 29
wet_blobby wheelchair racing Diamond Lil's 10
MoD_RSS Environment Agency working day and night to reduce flood impact MoD News 0
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
MoD_RSS New measures on night time deliveries to supermarkets to support coronavirus response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Harry Potter Book Night in Asuncion fills fans with magic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First UK night flights land in HMS Queen Elizabeth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 34 satellites launched in one night MoD News 0
soleil Tw: HMNB Portsmouth - Burns Night - Sub-Lieutenant Ian Copland Explains Its History & The RN's Participation The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS World takes bigger bite out of Burns Night haggis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vegetarian haggis launches in the US for Burns night MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Embassy participates at Night for Equality in Chile MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency working day and night to reduce flood impact MoD News 0