Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Hopping mad!!

Lurch said:
Sorry RC, it's Triton, the son of Neptune, not Trident the aquatic gardening fork.

The what? 8O

whatever the bloody exercise is called, I will give it one shot and one shot only. If it turns out to be a crap as ESR, then I will boycott it as I have done ESR for so many years!

higthepig said:
Is that why your`e not a chief Ros?

Probably Hig, but whilst I have been in the RNR for 22 years I feel I do not have to prostitute myself for them. I only have one life and being bored to death in a ops room in NATO is not really a good use of ones time.

rosinacarley said:
... I feel I do not have to prostitute myself for them.

After all, she's in the legal profession for her day job and therefore gets more than enough experience of prostituion! :) :) :)

Flags (former self-employed engineer aka technical prostitue!)

FlagWagger said:
rosinacarley said:

After all, she's in the legal profession for her day job and therefore gets more than enough experience of prostituion! :) :) :)

OK FW don't come to me when you need legal help!

rosinacarley said:
FlagWagger said:
rosinacarley said:

OK FW don't come to me when you need legal help!

That's twice now I've been banned from your legal aid service :lol:

Jim30 said:
Why cant authorisation for Bounty Waivers be granted in unit by PSI's who know the situation, rather than COMMARES where they don't even know what time of day it is, let alone how to take a YES / NO decision without 20 years worth of faffing?

Well one reason could be because the rules can sometimes be 'interpreted' in different ways - which could explain why 3 people I know who were in EXACTLY the same set of circumstances got treated differently across 3 different RTCs with 1 person getting bounty and the other 2 not getting bounty - no names, no pack drill!

RC, sorry to hear that you think ESR was crap - this wouldn't by chance date from when a certain senior member of DNRes was involved?

It seems to me that when an RNR16 is submitted and CMR confirm the training, in effect, a contract exists between the RN and the individual concerned. I know that we are "casual labour" and therefore MoD would argue that there is no contract, but there should be an acceptance by CMR that once confirmed on training, at the very least, if cancelled bounty should be paid.

If we make a commitment to them by confirming our availability for training, but then they cancel it, why should the individual have to try and find replacement training.

Like many I get extra leave for the RNR, but it is on a calender year basis, and if a course or other training is scheduled late in the year, if it get cancelled, then there is no chance of replacing it with something else.

I think this is retention issue, the relationship between the individual and the RNR is totally one sided. I imagine everyone joins the RNR looking for something beyond a normal job, and if the RNR cannot deliver this because the training get cancelled (for whatever reason) then the individual is likely to look elsewhere for another challenge and is lost to the RNR.

With short notice cancellation of training, no wonder people are leaving fast. A couple of years ago, I was due to go on exercise for 3 weeks, it had been confirmed about 6 months previously, and with two weeks notice it was cancelled as a cost saving. I had booked the time off work as unpaid leave, and the RNR was not interested in what the impact the late cancellation meant on my bank account.

So far this year I have had 2 lots of ORT cancelled. The first time I got special permission from my employer to use my special leave before it was due as the ORT was from end of March to begining of April. The ship then had maintenance problems, wasn't sailing and so didn't need me.

The next time I waited until I was told there was no problem with female accomodation, booked it all up and then a week later they needed my pit space for a Royal Marine.

Having done BSSC I needed a week but was prepared to do more. Have now got a course booked up, not ideal as I needed and wanted some sea time.

Best advice I can give. Keep updating your PSI with your available dates from the begining of the year and once you start having problems then make sure you use the divisional system so your DO is aware. Keep the email evidence that you have made every effort so if it comes to the worse and you need an waiver then you have the proof that you have made every effort. Make sure you talk to anyone who can help when you get the chance and find out if they can help. It was only speaking to the right people that got me my course.

Latest Threads