Hope

My son was discharged on SNLR 5445 (B) for having a fight.Can anyone tell me,if and when he can reapply to join the navy.They let him pass out from phase 2

Sumo

War Hero
My son was discharged on SNLR 5445 (B) for having a fight.Can anyone tell me,if and when he can reapply to join the navy.They let him pass out from phase 2
He would have to take his discharge certificates to the recruiting office for advice, depends on his age, if you attend or he goes alone. He was probably told if it when he can rejoin, if not the navy the army has different rules?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
5445 paragraph b is mainly positive drugs test. If that is the correct category, re-entry is not an option for RN personnel.

If it was SNLR unruly, it's usually a minimum of 12 months.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Once discharged they usually get a letter advising whether they may in future reapply. If discharged SNLR they usually have a right to complain within 24 hours if they can produce evidence to prove they did not commit an act which resulted in their discharge.

Sumo

War Hero
They said bullying
They said or did your son say, time for a man to man talk, if it is (b) ? If that is wrong complain, if it's correct he has to suck it up that he screwed up and look for another career that will not be affected by SNLR drugs?

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
This is like the 2nd post the Op has posted on this subject (under different topics). Maybe the original replies you got for you/your sons discharge are correct and they need to go straight to the AFCO and not keep asking on line to randoms for advice..

I rest my pussers grip.

This is like the 2nd post the Op has posted on this subject (under different topics). Maybe the original replies you got for you/your sons discharge are correct and they need to go straight to the AFCO and not keep asking on line to randoms for advice..

I rest my pussers grip.
Do you have to be so rude sorry to all the fandoms I have upset

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
So this post with replies by @Ninja_Stoker

Fleet air arm said:
Can anyone give me advice,my son has completed faze 2 training but just prior to completion he was accused of bullying a 17 year old,a charge he vehemently denies,if he is found guilty he faces discharge,is there anything he can do?
--My advice is simply that he should get proper, qualified legal representation from a Naval Barrister if he wishes to contest the charge. His Divisional Officer will have advised him of his options and he will have had the options fully explained to him.

Fleet air arm said:
The captain has already made his mind up, but my son is fighting it ,if he does get discharged he has been told he can go back in two years,surely this indicates a lack of evidence.
Thanks
--If he has already been told he will be discharged and may re-apply in two years then that indicates he has either been found guilty as charged due to the evidence provided or admitted guilt and accepted the penalty.

The "two-year re-apply" doesn't mean anything other than he cannot re-apply and join before two years have elapsed as that is the time period the Captain has decreed necessary before he is considered rehabilitated, Whether he is permitted to rejoin after two years have elapsed will depend on whether he is recommended for further service. The two things are quite different. A person can re-apply in two years and still be knocked back if they were not recommended further service.

He can appeal against the duration of the deferral if he wishes and can demonstrate it is worthy of consideration but once he's discharged, he's discharged.

Quite often people don't realise they are being a bully or indeed being bullied. Often people describe it as "banter". I've been on the receiving end of bullying by a senior officer but didn't recognise it for what it was at the time (micromanagement in this case).

Have a shufty through the "Diversity, Inclusion & You" guidance booklet (pdf) on this page, it is possible something may assist.

Has nothing to do with:
What isn't clear about the advice you have already recieved? @Ninja_Stoker has given you multiple variations on your son's situation (in both posts). I would suggest your son, takes his discharge certificate and takes a trip to his AFCO and they will set him straight on his options; as they will have access to most/if not all recruiting and discipline systems and will be able to make informed decision.

Sumo

War Hero
So this post with replies by @Ninja_Stoker

Fleet air arm said:
Can anyone give me advice,my son has completed faze 2 training but just prior to completion he was accused of bullying a 17 year old,a charge he vehemently denies,if he is found guilty he faces discharge,is there anything he can do?
My advice is simply that he should get proper, qualified legal representation from a Naval Barrister if he wishes to contest the charge. His Divisional Officer will have advised him of his options and he will have had the options fully explained to him.

Fleet air arm said:
The captain has already made his mind up, but my son is fighting it ,if he does get discharged he has been told he can go back in two years,surely this indicates a lack of evidence.
Thanks
If he has already been told he will be discharged and may re-apply in two years then that indicates he has either been found guilty as charged due to the evidence provided or admitted guilt and accepted the penalty.

The "two-year re-apply" doesn't mean anything other than he cannot re-apply and join before two years have elapsed as that is the time period the Captain has decreed necessary before he is considered rehabilitated, Whether he is permitted to rejoin after two years have elapsed will depend on whether he is recommended for further service. The two things are quite different. A person can re-apply in two years and still be knocked back if they were not recommended further service.

He can appeal against the duration of the deferral if he wishes and can demonstrate it is worthy of consideration but once he's discharged, he's discharged.

Quite often people don't realise they are being a bully or indeed being bullied. Often people describe it as "banter". I've been on the receiving end of bullying by a senior officer but didn't recognise it for what it was at the time (micromanagement in this case).

Have a shufty through the "Diversity, Inclusion & You" guidance booklet (pdf) on this page, it is possible something may assist.

Has nothing to do with:

What isn't clear about the advice you have already recieved? @Ninja_Stoker has given you multiple variations on your son's situation (in both posts). I would suggest your son, takes his discharge certificate and takes a trip to his AFCO and they will set him straight on his options; as they will have access to most/if not all recruiting and discipline systems and will be able to make informed decision.
See post #3?

Sumo

War Hero
I learn from the best.

Maybe if it is said slightly differently, it might make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me and sense don't necessarily go hand in hand. Try and work out what you think I was trying to say, whilst reading bollocks, and you will be half way there, or ask one of the old guys to translate?o_O